INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to treat SD card and internal pono player memory as a single device?  (Read 6036 times)

petegas

• Recent member

The SD card and the internal memory each show up as a separate entry under the 'ponoplayer, drives, devices' in the software.  Therefore I can get duplicate files between them, and have to manage and sync them separately.  Not ideal.  Is there a way to treat it as one large single drive?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You would probably want to sync files to one, not both.

petegas

• Recent member

Ideally I do want to sync to both.  Internal memory is 64G, MicroSD card is 64G, and I have about 100G of music to sync over.  I was hoping the software could treat them as a single 120GB drive so I wouldn't have to maintain separate sync settings and split up the music just to fit the separate drives.

It makes sense from a user perspective because that is what the Ponoplayer itself does; it treats all the music as one big library regardless of whether it is on internal memory or an sd card.

Richheart

• Recent member

Petegas.

Despite the logic of your proposal. There would be a downside in terms of file management: You would never know where files were. In the event you wished to switch SD cards (presently 128GB can be fitted, this could in theory increase to up to 2tb, if firmware updates address this) you would then need a way to work out what is where.

shieber

• Recent member

Actually, as it is now, if you have multiple cards, it becomes difficult to know where your files are-- one has to build a catalogue. It would be good if the pmw could sync, prompt for cards when needed and keep track of which card a file was on. The I could at least go to pmw to see where a song is.

gal

I prefer to have PWM treat the 2 memory cards as one, and I don't care where files will be placed after the sync. In case of changing cards, the user will need to sync again.
Not having this ability is a real hassle.

shieber

• Recent member

I prefer to have PWM treat the 2 memory cards as one, and I don't care where files will be placed after the sync. In case of changing cards, the user will need to sync again.
Not having this ability is a real hassle.
Writing every file on a card takes a long time..you would have to do that if you have more than 1 card and synced everything all at once. ...with hi-res  that doesn't take long to build up a library rhat big. If you just sync everything at once then PM would have to know what files are on which card or else rewrite all of every card....whew. it could takes days just to add one album.
Pages: [1]   Go Up