INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo 20.0.34  (Read 6346 times)

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Gizmo 20.0.34
« on: November 26, 2014, 03:14:56 am »

This is the latest version of Gizmo (JRiver's Android application).  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://jriver.com/install_gizmo.html

The build will move to the Play Store at a later date, after testing here.

20.0.34 / 92 (November 26, 2014)

Fixed: Streaming Music with Gizmo's Cache active did not work on Android 5.0.

20.0.30 / 91 (November 05, 2014)

NEW: Support for PonoMusic World.
Changed: Video Playback hides the navigation bar and soft buttons completely on Android 4.1 and above, using the full screen for playback.
Fixed: Library Item names scale properly with devices font settings.
Fixed: Playing over ChromeCast properly sets the "Played" status of media.

19.0.135 / 90 (May 27, 2014)

NEW: Gizmo can control the volume of the ChromeCast.
Fixed: Playing Now was broken when remote controlling Media Center with a long Playing Now list.

19.0.134 / 89 (May 16, 2014)

Fixed: Streaming video to ChromeCast was not working if HTTP Live Streaming was turned off in Gizmo settings.
Fixed: Gizmo was not working properly on Android 2.2/2.3 in the previous version.

19.0.133 / 88 (May 8, 2014)

NEW: Support for streaming to ChromeCast.
Fixed: Further increased stability when seeking in Videos.
Changed: Increased the size limit of playlists from 100 to 1000 tracks when controlling a remote Media Center server.

19.0.114 / 87 (February 3, 2014)

Fixed: Video could show in the wrong aspect ratio on some Android versions.
Fixed: Seeking in streaming Video could result in playback aborting and returning to the library browser.
Fixed: Seeking to the same position twice (ie. back to start) could fail.

19.0.113 / 86 (January 31, 2014)

NEW: Support for streaming video from Media Center using HTTP Live Streaming (requires MC 19.0.113 or newer, and Android 4.0 or newer).

19.0.110 / 85 (January 28, 2014)

NEW: Ratings are shown and can be changed on the Playing Now screen.
Fixed: Browsing Album folders with extra large thumbnails could result in an out of memory condition causing Gizmo to hang.

19.0.108 / 84 (January 21, 2014)

Changed: The seek bar will only act after releasing the handle, allowing for more precise seek control (especially with video).
Fixed: Trying to seek in a file currently being written to the cache could cause Gizmo to hang.
Fixed: The On-Screen Android Navigation Bar would not hide again during video playback when it was manually shown by interacting with the screen.
Changed: The Playing Now screen will show the title of the file which was last playing when in "Stopped" state, if any.

19.0.107 / 83 (January 15, 2014)

NEW: Gizmo reacts to headset Play/Pause commands from simple one-button cable headset controls (ie. the default headsets from many phones).
NEW: Playback is automatically paused when a headset is disconnected, to avoid potentially unwanted "noisy" playback.
NEW: Optimized Playing Now view in landscape orientation.

19.0.88 / 82 (December 6, 2013)

NEW: Updated Playing Now buttons.
Changed: Added the ability to disable playback caching in Options.

19.0.50 / 81

NEW: Added ability to customize the number of files that get downloaded ahead in a playlist.
Fixed: Cache pruning was not working properly in some cases, causing the download cache to grow too large (should be capped at 512MB).
Changed: When silently reconnecting, Gizmo will issue wake requests (previously it only issued wake requests when connecting manually).

19.0.41 / 80

NEW: Repeat mode is optional (in Menu > Options > Repeat mode).
Fixed: The list of zones would not appear with build 40.

19.0.40 / 79

Changed: Gizmo uses the mime type application/octet-stream for audio file transfers to avoid ISP or carrier blocking (requires MC 19.0.39 or newer).

19.0.39 / 78

NEW: Added lock screen controls while playing on the device.
NEW: Bluetooth track information is provided when playing on the device (using AVRCP).
NEW: Bluetooth controls work while the screen is off.
Fixed: Web radio streams that were stored in the library or playlists were not playable on the device.  
Faster: When clicking the header to switch modes while connected to a dead server, the menu of choices will appear much faster.
Fixed: In some cases 'Error communicating with server' could show incorrectly on the screen.

19.0.38 / 77 (September 12, 2013)

Fixed: The cache downloader could crash in some cases.

19.0.35 / 76 (September 4, 2013)

NEW: Added thumbnail size option (menu button at top right > Options).
NEW: Added a screen lock option to keep the screen on (dim or bright) while Gizmo is showing (useful for tablet installations).
Changed: The volume up and down commands work when playing on the device (for cases when there are no hardware volume buttons).
Changed: Bluetooth play and pause commands will trigger the play/pause button (for devices without a play/pause button).
Changed: Stopping playback stops the read-ahead caching system from working ahead.
Fixed: Playback stats are fired when playback starts instead of when the cache reads-ahead for a file (requires MC 19.0.35 or newer).
Fixed: When playing a video, playback would sit at a black screen instead of return to the browse screen in 19.0.32.

19.0.32 / 75 (August 28, 2013)

NEW: Added the ability to 'Play (with Play Doctor)' from anywhere in the audio browse tree.
NEW: When a server call fails, the program will retry a few times.
NEW: The program will attempt to automatically switch the server IP address as it transitions from wifi to data.
NEW: File playback caching uses ranged requests so an interrupted download is resumed instead of restarted.
Faster: When there is no wifi or ethernet, connecting to a server will skip local addresses.
Changed: Audio playback loops the playlist until stopped (unless the playlist is only one track).
Changed: Added a system so that partial cache entries (from a crash or other problem) will never get used.

19.0.31 / 74

NEW: Improved cache system so that the playback of the first file also plays from cache (but playback still starts immediately).

19.0.30 / 73

NEW: Playback on device uses a caching system that reads-ahead and keeps files between runs, increasing reliability with weak connections.
Faster: Browsing switches screens faster.
Faster: Android 4 devices load thumbnails concurrently for improved performance.
Faster: When connected to MC19, thumbnails load faster.  

18.0.180 / 72

Changed: Errors communicating with the server show an information bubble, but don't cause the program to automatically reconnect to the server.
Changed: When acting as a remote, an error communicating with the server to get information about what's playing will look more transparent.
Changed: When playing on the device, the program will retry for up to 10 minutes to open the URL to better handle sporadic connections.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Gizmo 20.0.34
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 02:38:21 am »

Thanks - Fix works fine with Lollipop.
JRiver CEO Elect

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 05:52:26 pm »

This has just been published to the Play Store.  It should be available in a few hours.

wdesbrow

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 04:30:29 pm »

Hi all,

I assume that this version of Gizmo is the current version of the MC remote (not the new beta version).  Can I use it effectively on a tablet?

Thanks

tonyc1971

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 01:25:43 am »

Hi there I am using Gizmo and love it the only issue I have is when I browse through my tv shows it gives the name of the episode but not the episode number? Is there something I have missed ?

drc

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 03:47:27 pm »

Gizmo...

I got Gizmo up and running, but have a question regarding where the server resides. 

I think i've read and discovered the PC or, in my case, Laptop has to be up and running at all times.  Is there a way to put the DLNA on a NAS or other than Laptop.  New to this, it didn't give me a choice where to install.

Vision:

I want to take my Android tablet with me (anywhere), leave my laptop off tucked away at home.

So where can i move or point MC 20 to know where to find my server?  May be simple but streaming is neww to me.
Are there instructions posted.

Thanks

Al ex

Re:
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 05:14:43 am »

You need to leave your laptop up an running. There is no MC for nas available. I am using a htpc for this purpose. Gizmo wakes it up automatically, when needed.

hoopes4908

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 02:11:20 pm »

Hello, I am just new to this, have everything configured on PC working well, when I download and try using the Gizmo app, it allows me to see everything on my PC, and I was able to select and play to server, but when I try "here" and try playing something, all it does it open and say "preparing....." then it just closes  back to previous screen?
Pages: [1]   Go Up