INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue importing Musicbee created iTunes playlist  (Read 2833 times)

chasexy

Issue importing Musicbee created iTunes playlist
« on: December 04, 2014, 03:58:26 am »

I wanted to migrate my music library (preserving file import dates, play counts, ratings, etc.) from Musicbee to JRiver and Musicbee has an option to export the library as an iTunes formatted .xml file (the only other option as far as I know is as an .mbl which JRiver obviously can't open) so that's what I used. When importing this playlist into JRiver it would only recognise a handful of the files and after spending way too long looking at individual files for a difference I've finally figured out why. I remembered reading on here while trying to troubleshoot that iTunes will only export one playlist at a time (I think?) and so maybe JRiver is only looking for the first playlist? I may not have the details correct but this was the problem. The only files that were being imported were those from the "Recently Added" playlist which was the first one in the .xml. I deleted all playlists in Musicbee and generated a new .xml file but this imported 0 files this time. Finally, I went back and created one playlist with all of my music in and this imported perfectly.

Is it possible to improve the .xml reading? I'm too impatient to wait so I'll be moving all of my playlists one by one before it would be done anyway, but it'd be nice to fix for other people (albeit probably a very small minority).

With all that said, I hope there wasn't a much simpler way that I completely missed, but I couldn't be happier now that it's fixed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up