INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art from PMW  (Read 4846 times)

abkowijma

• Recent member
Cover art from PMW
« on: December 06, 2014, 05:47:53 pm »

I have some difficulty with getting artwork to appear on the Pono player. I am using the sync function to move  all songs from a playlist to the Pono player (I created a playlist per disk and for the internal  storage of the Pono player). The original files in the PMW music library have artwork, they are also shown when displaying the playlists, but some albums on the Pono player don't. Both in viewing the disk PMW as well as on the player for some albums artwork is missing, which makes me thing the issue is with PMW.

Is this a know issue or is it something I am doing wrong? I am using the latest osx version (.44)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cover art from PMW
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 06:10:33 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  There is an option in PMW for storing art in the file.  You could try that.

Options has a search window at the bottom.

abkowijma

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2014, 08:05:24 am »

Thank you! I do have that option enabled, but maybe I did not when I initially imported by music. I did notice when PMW has the cover art stored in a separate folder (configurable in options) only (so not in tags and not in the album folder itself) the cover artwork is by default not included on the Pono player. A solution is to enable "Save cover art to 'folder.jpg' file" in the sync options.

I have two follow up questions:
- Is there a way to update tags for all files with cover art (from the folder configured for Cover art in Options / File locations / Audio mode)?
- Is it possible to update cover art on the device itself without reloading the full music file (e.g. either just updating the tags of a file or by adding folder.jpg for each album without reloading music files).

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 08:07:42 am »

Please try a search or read the wiki on cover art.  Explore the right click options for an audio file.

rboser

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 10:59:28 pm »

I'm also having problems getting cover art to appear in my pono player.  Cover art appears in JRiver. About 10% of the albums copied to my pono player do not display the cover art. I've searched this forum and read the wiki.  No luck in getting artwork to appear.

Anyone here that can help with this?

Thanks,
-Bob

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 02:43:57 am »

They probably need to be stored in the tag.  There is an option for this.

rboser

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 08:39:34 am »

I have this option enabled.  Any other clues?  When my ponoplayer is connected to jriver media center I can see all the cover art. But when I disconnect I don't see about 10% of the album art. sounds like a bug.  I'm going to contact pono.

JohnT

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2015, 08:35:21 am »

I have this option enabled.  Any other clues?  When my ponoplayer is connected to jriver media center I can see all the cover art. But when I disconnect I don't see about 10% of the album art. sounds like a bug.  I'm going to contact pono.
Do you have the latest version?  There was this fix in build 20.0.36:
19. Fixed: PDT-190,204 - Sometimes, not all of the cover art transfers to the PonoPlayer during a transfer.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up