INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import problem  (Read 914 times)

gaucho66

• Recent member
Import problem
« on: December 07, 2014, 03:09:23 am »

Yesterday I update MediaCenter to the latest release 20.0.44 and I noticed odd behavior during the import.
I have a folder where download the purchased mp3.
From the windows explorer by right-clicking I am selecting the mp3 to import. Many times like yesterday other files are remaining inside the folder. Most of the times are zip or mp3 files, yesterday was the zip contained the mp3 songs I have import.
Through the environment of JRiver I do Rename – Move – Copy mp3 files to another area on the disc.
The process delete from the folder I had the imported files (Donwloads) and other files that do not have done import.
I repeat the full process to ensure that this is happens.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Import problem
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 07:00:00 am »

You can't import from a zip file.  Is that the problem?

gaucho66

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 05:09:14 am »

Finally i found that there is a new check box at Rename, Move, & Copy files that did all this strange behavior
Move all files in folder (including non-imported files) was checked by default

Now why you have an option to deal with non imported file, and checked by default, i don't know.
I suggest to be unchecked by default

Regards

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 08:42:23 am »

Most people only use Rename, Move, and Copy after files are already in their library in their final location. The new option was added because many of them have extra files such as subtitles, cover art, etc along with the files and they would not get moved when the main file did because they are not in the library. It is checked by default because many won't discover the issue until long after they have moved files and would require a lot of time to move them by hand. Worse they may not even be there any more.

So I think JRiver decision to have it checked by default is this: It may be inconvenient for you to uncheck the box, but for others it could be critical if they forgot to check it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up