INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Email from listserver.jriver.com  (Read 5368 times)

hardauto

• Junior Woodchuck
Email from listserver.jriver.com
« on: December 10, 2014, 07:16:42 pm »

I recently received what appears to be spam email with references to jriver.  Please be advise and shed any light on this that you may have.  the body of the email is below.

Hi! This is the ezmlm program. I'm managing the mlist   listserver.jriver.com mailing list.

Messages to you from the mlist mailing list seem to have been bouncing. I've attached a copy of the first bounce message I received.

If this message bounces too, I will send you a probe. If the probe bounces, I will remove your address from the mlist mailing list, without further notice.

I've kept a list of which messages from the mlist mailing list have bounced from your address.

Copies of these messages may be in the archive.
To retrieve a set of messages 123-145 (a maximum of 100 per request), send an empty message to:
   <mlist-get.123_145   listserver.jriver.com>

To receive a subject and author list for the last 100 or so messages, send an empty message to:
   <mlist-index   listserver.jriver.com>

Here are the message numbers:

--- Enclosed is a copy of the bounce message I received.

Return-Path: <>
Received: (qmail 28096 invoked for bounce); 28 Nov 2014 20:18:27 -0000
Date: 28 Nov 2014 20:18:27 -0000
To: mlist-return-46-   listserver.jriver.com
Subject: failure notice

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: spam email
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2014, 09:46:49 am »

That's a normal email from our server, saying it had difficulty sending.  It's nothing to worry about.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2014, 10:24:12 am »

In this particular case the newsletter mail server was trying to send you a copy of the last newsletter and wasn't able to so it is telling you that you can retrieve it via the instructions it sent.

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2014, 12:07:42 pm »

Hi! This is the ezmlm program. I'm managing the mlist   listserver.jriver.com mailing list.

Messages to you from the mlist mailing list seem to have been bouncing. I've attached a copy of the first bounce message I received.

If this message bounces too, I will send you a probe. If the probe bounces, I will remove your address from the mlist mailing list, without further notice.

Yeah - if I got this it would go straight to junk/trash box. It's not very user-friendly "lingo", is it?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 07:49:33 pm »

I received another one of these today.

It seems that every now and then something can't talk to something else, and a message gets bounced. I requested a list of the emails from ezmlm, and the last one was;
51: Why People Choose JRiver -- Our Customers Tell Their Stories
   16 Apr 2015 Robert Brose

As I had received this email, and all earlier ones, this must be some internal glitch.

Just letting you know.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2015, 10:41:11 am »

I received another one of these today.

It seems that every now and then something can't talk to something else, and a message gets bounced. I requested a list of the emails from ezmlm, and the last one was;
51: Why People Choose JRiver -- Our Customers Tell Their Stories
   16 Apr 2015 Robert Brose

As I had received this email, and all earlier ones, this must be some internal glitch.

Just letting you know.
Is it possible you are on with more than one email address and you have a second one that's forwarding to another account (for example,  trying to funnel a bunch of different accounts into a gmail address)?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Email from listserver.jriver.com
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 02:32:29 am »

Actually, now that I take notice, the problem is occurring with my Paypal email address, which I used to buy MC. It is a separate email address to the one registered on the forums.

I believe that I usually receive news announcements on both emails addresses.

There is no forwarding involved. I monitor both addresses directly.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

GeorgeBoles

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 06:24:15 am »

I got one today too. ?  

What do I do with this message - anything or just ignore it?

I want to stay on the JRiver forum and have my e-mail continue to be the one registered with JRiver.

>>>>>>>>>>

Hi! This is the ezmlm program. I'm managing the
mlist@listserver. mailing list.

Messages to you from the mlist mailing list seem to
have been bouncing. I've attached a copy of the first bounce
message I received.

If this message bounces too, I will send you a probe. If the probe bounces,
I will remove your address from the mlist mailing list,
without further notice.

etc.

Regards,
George

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 03:23:24 pm »

What do I do with this message - anything or just ignore it?

The best answer does seem to be; Just ignore it.

Whatever goes wrong, fixes itself and continues to deliver messages. Even though I have received these messages, I've never missed any messages from JRiver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up