INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you play Blu-Ray extras like deleted scenes? Where is the menu for that?  (Read 2809 times)

Oksana

• Recent member

Searched high and low. This software is great, but sometimes it seems to have so many features that simple ones are hard to find. For example. When playing a Blu-Ray straight from the disc with Anydvd enabled or a decrypted ripped file, where are the menu options? The same options you would find by pressing menu or top menu on a stand alone Blu-Ray player.
I have searched throughout the left-click options and software menus, googled it and searched this forum. It's very frustrating because I'm sure the answer will be simple.
What I'm looking for are the extras the are included with some discs such as deleted scenes, interviews and so on. I'd like to check before ripping to see if I want them included in the rip. And I'd like to be able to play them in Media Center.
I'm using Media Center 20 on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.
Thank you in advance for any help.   

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe

Blu-ray menus are unfortunately not supported.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

Even though there aren't Blu-ray menus, you can switch Titles in the OSD. Some of the title will be trailers, some deleted scenes, plus their is usually some other extra content. You can create your own "menu" by using Particles and creating a particle for each title.

Oksana

• Recent member

That's hard to believe. Do they have plans to support the menus? I know you can change titles and stream but they are only numbers, which means you have no idea which ones you want, which means poking around until you find it. That seems pretty dumbed down for software of this caliber.
I can't be the only user doing this.
Has this been debated before and do we know the reason it's not supported? Just odd.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

It's a long story, but we can't do what you need.  Sorry. 

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team

If you need to be able to directly and easily access different titles on the same blu-ray, use the 'create particles' feature to get a discrete listing of titles in the library.  You can then update the tags to be meaningful on the items you want to be able to easily watch, and 'delete from library' the titles that you don't need.

Adding full menu support to a US based commercial product would require a lot of money and force JRiver to strip many features from their product.  You can thank the studios and governments around the world for that.

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen

strip many features from their product.

I can see the money side of it, but what's that all about?

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen

using Particles and creating a particle for each title.

Have they changed/improved in MC20?  I've only ever done them in MC19.

I use them for full disc rips of TV shows, but so far all the ones I've done have been 'out of order'.  Take a full disc rip of American Horror Story Disc 1, that creates tons of particles so I have to go through and bin all of the short ones - it had loads of like 10 seconds here, 13 seconds there, etc.: clearly not episodes.

That left me with the correct number of particles for each actual episode.  So I assumed particle 1 would be episode 1, particle 2 episode 2, etc., so filled in the tags accordingly.

We then watched episodes that were recounting things we hadn't yet seen - we watched episode 5 thinking it was episode 5, when in fact 5 and 6 had been switched so we unknowingly watched 6 first, with it recounting stuff from 5 - so I had to have Wikipedia open on the laptop doing a live commentary in my mind while watching episodes to make sure they were right, and if they were wrong I had to re-jig the episode numbers and re-do 'Get Movie and TV Info'.

Same thing for all discs of Season 1 and 2 (3 blu-rays each).

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team

We then watched episodes that were recounting things we hadn't yet seen - we watched episode 5 thinking it was episode 5, when in fact 5 and 6 had been switched so we unknowingly watched 6 first, with it recounting stuff from 5 - so I had to have Wikipedia open on the laptop doing a live commentary in my mind while watching episodes to make sure they were right, and if they were wrong I had to re-jig the episode numbers and re-do 'Get Movie and TV Info'.
That is usually because they are physically out of order on the disc itself.  MC doesn't know anything about the contents of the particles, just that they are separate titles that exist.  For DVD this is common because they try to fit the entire episode on a single layer and they frequently need to shift them around to do so.  I use either the runtime or watch the opening title shots to confirm the actual episode number.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=92141.0

audio/video/server-client quality : JRiver
fun / recent breakthrough on the full menu support bd side : xbmc

greynolds

That is usually because they are physically out of order on the disc itself.  MC doesn't know anything about the contents of the particles, just that they are separate titles that exist.  For DVD this is common because they try to fit the entire episode on a single layer and they frequently need to shift them around to do so.  I use either the runtime or watch the opening title shots to confirm the actual episode number.
IIRC, MC sorts the particles by length, not by the order they show up on the original disc.

Something I've been wondering though...  Would it be possible to add data somewhere that works via the Get Movie and TV Info feature (or a new but similar feature) that contains predefined particles with names for each one?  I think that would largely solve the problem, but the trick would be getting people to seed the data so there would be a database to work with.  Setting up the particles manually is a real pain.

ldoodle

• Galactic Citizen

Setting up the particles manually is a real pain.

Yes, yes it is.  Because you have to watch them (and have Wiki open) to make sure they're right.

I do wonder if there is any way of inspecting the menu structure of the disc, when creating particles.  Obviously the menu system would have them as 'scenes', and properly labelled.  So you'd see a list of scenes labelled as 'Episode 1', 'Episode 2' etc., or the actual episode names.

If this data could be extracted (I envisage them as XML or similar files with tags for episode number and name?) it could possibly auto-fill the tags.

With DVD's it's not too bad because you can access the menu system to see what's what  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up