INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will JRiver plan to support any streaming internet music services in JRiver 20  (Read 5334 times)

Cast0077

• Recent member

What plans does JRiver have for integrating any of the number of music streaming services? 

Slacker
Pandora
Spotify
Rdio
Last.fm
Mog
Google Play Music All Access
iHeartRadio
Amazon Music
Songza
Deezer
Soundcloud
Tunein
Hype Machine
Beats Music
Rhapsody
Tracks
Rdio
Concert Vault
Dar.fm
CalmRadio
MLB Gameday
radionomy
Stitcher
Hearts of Space
Shuffler.fm
hotelradio.fm
digital
spreaker

With so many free internet streaming services it would be nice to have some options in JRiver.

emovac1

• Recent member

I have the same question.  Any thoughts on this from the ADMINS?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

We have supported many kinds of streaming music for years.  We don't support the recent popular services, usually because they lack an SDK or we lack the time.

We're thinking about it, even working a little on it.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=95350.0

emovac1

• Recent member

Personally, I have paid Deezer and Pandora One, and some other freebie streaming services.  I think it would be nice to have access to some of the more popular ones for a one-stop shopping approach, versus having to toggle over to the Sonos Controller. 

Appreciate your prompt response and consideration for adding those services.

kstuart

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount

Nowadays, every service (and in fact, just about every entity on the Internet) is highly motivated to get you to use their own software, their own app, their own web page - so that they can push ads to you, and sell your information to third parties.

As such, those streaming services are highly motivated to make it as difficult as possible for music player software to stream their services.

And even when and if they do make available SDKs and other methods, there is going to be a different way of going about things for each of the services in your list above.  There are very few standards, because every service wants everyone else to adopt their method as the standard.

All this was explained in another thread on the same topic...
Pages: [1]   Go Up