INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UR824 5.1 bi-amp two channels?  (Read 2043 times)

ahornby

• Recent member
UR824 5.1 bi-amp two channels?
« on: December 19, 2014, 02:19:01 am »

Hi, I have just bought a Steinberg UR824 and want to set it up with JRiver. I have found the other threads with answers from mojave etc on how to do standard setups (thanks).
What I am wondering is if there is a way to split the front left and right channels into two unbalanced outputs each on the UR824 that I can then direct to two inputs in my emotiva upa 700 amp?

Currently I have a RCA splitter that takes the output from my Essence ST soundcard into two channels of the amp - each channel is then fed to one of the two inputs on my VAF research DC-X35 speakers (so they are bi-amped). I want to see if I can split the signal in software and not use the RCA hardware splitter if possible.

All info welcome - I am new at this :-)

Anthony

ahornby

• Recent member
Re: UR824 5.1 bi-amp two channels?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 07:57:09 am »

It's OK. I worked it out by copying front channels to unused 7.1 channels using the parametric equalizer plugin. Got the tip from previous posts in these forums. Thanks!

Now I just need to work out if it is possible to control the volume using the ur824 ASIO driver in software so I can use my remote. Currently I use the hardware volume control on the unit.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: UR824 5.1 bi-amp two channels?
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 08:49:56 am »

It's OK. I worked it out by copying front channels to unused 7.1 channels using the parametric equalizer plugin. Got the tip from previous posts in these forums. Thanks!

Now I just need to work out if it is possible to control the volume using the ur824 ASIO driver in software so I can use my remote. Currently I use the hardware volume control on the unit.
Just control the volume with JRiver's Internal Volume. It is of higher quality than using the "hardware" volume control on the unit (which is digital, too.) In Tools > Options > Audio > Audio Device > Device Settings make sure that you check "Device uses only most significant 24-bits."
Pages: [1]   Go Up