INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo Displaying "Volume N/A" When I Try to Change Volume  (Read 1109 times)

KurtS

Gizmo Displaying "Volume N/A" When I Try to Change Volume
« on: December 21, 2014, 12:35:53 pm »

I've been using Media Center 15 and finally decided to evaluate the latest version (i.e. 20). I also tried downloading Gizmo on my Android phone to use as a remote and would eventually like to install Gizmo on my Nexus 7. So first I tried Gizmo using the original MC 15 and all the basic functions worked except the "now playing feature" which seemed to get out of sync. And I was able to adjust the music volume using both the phone volume control and the command window. However, when I tried to do use Gizmo with MC 20, the "now playing" issue was fixed but I am no longer able to control volume. When I try to adjust using either the volume control or the menu I get the message "Volume: N/A". I would guess this is a configuration issue (I hope?). How do I fix this? 

Also, are there any differences that I should see using Gizmo on my Nexus 7?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo Displaying "Volume N/A" When I Try to Change Volume
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 12:39:06 pm »

Gizmo or Webgizmo?

Gizmo volume works with the hardware buttons of the phone or tablet.

KurtS

Re: Gizmo Displaying "Volume N/A" When I Try to Change Volume
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 12:52:58 pm »

Gizmo.  And just as a followup. If I select where to play as "here" the volume control function does work.  It looks like the only variable here is that something about the default configuration of MC 20 is blocking the volume commands when in "server" play mode.
Pages: [1]   Go Up