INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: export/import playlists not carrying song contents  (Read 1453 times)

nealsal

• Recent member
export/import playlists not carrying song contents
« on: January 04, 2015, 07:38:20 pm »

Hi,

I'm building a new HTPC with jr20.  My old PC (JR19) has a bunch of playlists I want to move to the new machine.  I moved the hard drive that had the music to the new machine and now JR20 has all those songs in the library.  On the old machine I exported each playlist I wanted to a USB drive, then tried loading that set of playlists to the new PC.

Well, the playlist titles move but not the songs in each playlist.  I tried "store paths related to playlist location" but that did not help (note that because I moved the hard drive storing music, the path would be the same.)   

I could recreate each of them one song at a time, except for one curated playlist with 843 songs! Any directions on how to get an exported/imported playlist to capture the songs in the playlist?  Thanks for your help....

nealsal

• Recent member
Re: export/import playlists not carrying song contents
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 07:49:53 pm »

to clarify, I'm not trying to move the song files (they're already on the moved HD), but to move the song list and location paths for the songs on each playlist.

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 12:35:48 am »

hope fully u still have MC19 installed...the best way is to use a back up from MC19...as long as ur sure the drive paths and drive letter and name are exactly the same as they were on MC19 ur playlists should show up in MC20
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

nealsal

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 05:14:45 am »

Tao,

19 is still running on my old machine- turned off the auto sync because all the music will break because of the hard drive swap.  I don't see a menu option for 'back up MC19'.  What is the specific feature to use?    Will backup also try to copy the entire TB of music?

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 07:11:10 am »

To add a little to what TAO said,
Just installing the HD in a new PC doesn't ensure that the path is the same.  You must make sure that the newly installed HD has the same drive letter and name that it did in the old PC.  If it does, the playlists should work.
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 07:22:28 am »

Also, you can import the playlist to MC20, open a playlist (the music will appear as not found).  Select all of the songs in the playlist, hit F4 key (this will open the rename, move, copy window).  Click rename, and check only the "Directories" box.  In the Base Path field, browse to the drive containing the music (Just the drive and no subfolders).  Make sure all other fields are clear in the window (No directories Rule option).  You should see the new base path in the right pane.  Press OK
This should point all of the songs in the playlist to the new location.  Then make sure you resave the playlist.
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

~OHM~

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 08:41:39 am »

Tao,

19 is still running on my old machine- turned off the auto sync because all the music will break because of the hard drive swap.  I don't see a menu option for 'back up MC19'.  What is the specific feature to use?    
check out this link         http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Library_Manager

Will backup also try to copy the entire TB of music?

No, it only backs up settings and such.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

~OHM~

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 08:43:37 am »

Also, you can import the playlist to MC20, open a playlist (the music will appear as not found).  Select all of the songs in the playlist, hit F4 key (this will open the rename, move, copy window).  Click rename, and check only the "Directories" box.  In the Base Path field, browse to the drive containing the music (Just the drive and no subfolders).  Make sure all other fields are clear in the window (No directories Rule option).  You should see the new base path in the right pane.  Press OK
This should point all of the songs in the playlist to the new location.  Then make sure you resave the playlist.

neal give this a try
Pages: [1]   Go Up