INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adaptive Volume & Silence (JR with the WDM driver)  (Read 1187 times)

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Adaptive Volume & Silence (JR with the WDM driver)
« on: March 10, 2015, 06:23:19 pm »

I'm not sure how this gets resolved, but one thing I've noticed with MC20 as the WDM sound driver and Adaptive Volume enabled is that if I pause the source that's feeding MC20, the adaptive volume tool seems to take the silence as a 0 value, vs a null.  So if I'm happily playing a flat sound at 20 db, then pause it, MC takes the 0 db feed and factors it into the adaptive volume.  Then I un-pause the source, feeding 20 db again and MC shrinks that because vs 0 db, it's suddenly very loud. 

This manifests itself mostly for me because I'm still using MC17 on my media PC for use with my TV card (I could never get MC 18, 19 or 20 to play it without serious display issues even though MC17 dealt with it fine).  I'll have the volume appropriate for TV, then I'll pause it, come back a minute later, un-pause and then it's way too soft.

--Ryan

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Adaptive Volume & Silence (JR with the WDM driver)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 07:16:06 am »

Mixed versions may be the problem.

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
Re: Adaptive Volume & Silence (JR with the WDM driver)
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 09:18:55 am »

This manifests itself mostly for me because I'm still using MC17 on my media PC for use with my TV card (I could never get MC 18, 19 or 20 to play it without serious display issues even though MC17 dealt with it fine).  I'll have the volume appropriate for TV, then I'll pause it, come back a minute later, un-pause and then it's way too soft.

--Ryan

Could this be due to having the loudness protection and startup volume checked and the startup volume set to a different percentage as the loudness protection? Just a thought!
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”
Pages: [1]   Go Up