INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tascam UH-7000   (Read 2362 times)

ashutoshp

• Recent member
Tascam UH-7000 
« on: January 07, 2015, 11:41:37 am »

Hi. I am a new non-engineer customer and am thinking of using the Tascam UH-7000 as a DAC to feed my 2.1 set-up. I usually stream audio via Tidal and occasionally Spotify.
My signal chain is as follows
PC running Windows 7 64-bit and MC 20 → DAC (AQ Dragonfly v1.2) → 3.5mm headphone out to RCA splitter → One pair of RCA cables goes to subwoofer (Velodyne CT-120) and another to power amp (Emotiva XPA-200) that powers my bookshelf speakers.

I know at least one of you kind folk have the above mentioned device so I was wondering if I could replace the Dragonfly with the Tascam UH-7000 and connect my power amp with the XLR connections (the XPA-200 has a pair of XLR inputs) and the headphone jack at the front of the Tascam unit to feed my powered subwoofer (Velodyne CT-120). I would use the cross-over capability in MC where I would send the frequencies <80 Hz to the subwoofer and the remaining to the amp+bookshelves. Is this possible? If yes, what should I watch out for? Believe me, I have read numerous forum posts, but at some point my non-engineering background rears its ugly head and I get lost. 

ashutoshp

• Recent member
Re: Tascam UH-7000 
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 01:14:12 pm »

Anyone please? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 02:00:03 pm »

You should be able to replace one USB DAC with another, but it's not possible to answer your question with any certainty.

ashutoshp

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 05:22:29 pm »

Thanks Jim. I eventually called Tascam and they said that both outputs from the UH-7000 send the same audio signal so he seemed to think that's a no go. He suggested the US-366 but I went ahead and ordered the Focusrite 2i4 because the specs were a bit more clearer. Fingers crossed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up