INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art missing from TV Shows in new Library..?  (Read 5100 times)

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
Cover Art missing from TV Shows in new Library..?
« on: January 07, 2015, 11:31:49 pm »

Hello,

I recently switched from W7 to Windows 8.1 Pro. I then realized that i could not restore my W7 library, as the drive letters were different.
So I started a new library, imported everything and now most of my movies have Cover Art, however my TV Shows only have a few scattered around the list.
I keep trying to run an auto import, however it does not seem to recognize that the TV Shows are all (mostly) missing Cover Art.

A few things -
- When I did my first auto import, there was a massive lineup of cover art that it was processing, but JRiver crashed a couple of times and now it doesn't seem to want to update them.
- I still have all the Cover Art located in the folders of the TV shows, so I don't know why it wouldn't just recognize that they are all already downloaded, and just update them.

Im confused?

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover Art missing from TV Shows in new Library..?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 07:26:53 am »

If the list is not too big, you can individually get the Cover Art by right clicking on the file and selecting "Cover Art > Add from file" then you browse to the location of your Cover Art and select the art you want. If you have multiple files using the same art you can select all of them first (hold cntrl key and click on each file) before using the Get Cover Art tool.

Also you might want to try "Library Tools >Update Tags (from Library)" to see if that helps.

I 'm not sure what happened on your system so it hard to give solid advise. Good luck.

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 11:56:27 pm »

This is crazy. Most of my TV Show cover art is missing..and now when i import new movies they do not show up at the top of the list! (Even after I have said sort > date added)

So if no one can help me with this, I need to ask about restoring my library...
I tried to restore my library from a backup of my documents > jriver folder before I started a new library in my new Windows 8.1, but it said that 'it cannot restore' from the last 3 most recent library backups!
Is this because I have a new OS with different drive letters?

I would really like this to work as a lot of elements of JRiver 20 have changed such as the cover art, movies added etc.

Can anyone help me?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2015, 07:26:20 am »

Is all your Cover Art in the "cover art folder", and do the movies get imported correctly - but just not sorting properly?
If you look at the files in Standard View>Video>Files do the media sub types look correct for all your movies and TV shows?

When you talk about TV Show cover art do you mean the TV "Series" art or do you have art for each individual episode? Usually TV episode art is just a screen snap-shot of the show 30 seconds into it.

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 06:54:12 am »

My cover art was automatically saved to the same folders as all the content. I'm not sure why and do not know how to change this.
And I do not know what you mean regarding the media sub types. I found what you mean but it says '7' beside it..?

And yes when I mean cover art I mean the series posters, not the episode snapshots..

Thanks.  ::)

CountryBumkin

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 07:25:14 am »

My cover art was automatically saved to the same folders as all the content. I'm not sure why and do not know how to change this.
And I do not know what you mean regarding the media sub types. I found what you mean but it says '7' beside it..?

And yes when I mean cover art I mean the series posters, not the episode snapshots..

Thanks.  ::)

If you view your files in Standard View>Video>Files, you should get a list like this (this example if for Video, but Audio or Images are similar).
Step 1 is to make sure your files are tagged correctly with the "media sub type" they belong to.
Note there is also a view ("Image - small thumbnail") of the Cover Art (you can position your mouse pointer over the row and a large view of the cover art will pop up. Do you see the cover art at all in this view?

syndromeofadown

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 11:14:14 am »

Art for videos is stored in the same directory as the video and named the same as it.
Folder.jpg will work too, but not correctly if there are multiple videos in the same directory.

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 06:39:00 pm »

Thanks for responding.

All my movies under Media Sub Types are fine (there is tweaking to do, but mostly fine), however my TV Shows, when I scroll down, are all Episode snapshots, and there are no (except for like 5 individual series) series cover art for these shows (pls help?):

CountryBumkin

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 07:52:59 am »

MC will not automatically get episode cover art (if any exists). Episodes only have "snap shots" of the episode (you can adjust how many seconds before the snap shot is taken).

If you have located art that you want to use for the episode cover art, you would need to manually link to it (such as "Add Cover Art from file"). Is this what you did?  In Standard View you can add a field to view called "Image File" to see what is associated with the file - or you can select the file and click on Tag.

For TV Series covert art you need to put the Cover Art in a folder called "Series" as a subdirectory of the "Cover Art" folder (such as  "JRiver Cover Art/Series") then you must be sure the name you type into the Series field in Standard View is exactly the same as the name of the Series cover art (meaning if you look at my screen shot, I have the series "Two and a Half Men", so I must have the cover art "Two and Half Men.jpg" in the JRiver Cover Art/Series folder (i.e. "2 and half men.jpg" will not work).

Sorry if you already know all this. I don't know what else to tell you.

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2015, 11:15:55 am »

Thanks so much for trying to help.  :)

I understand what your saying, however im not talking about my episode cover art, im talking about my series cover art, that shows up when you click on the tv shows menu under 'video'. My movies seemed to gather and place the cover art (mostly) correctly when I re-setup the auto import, however the tv series cover art did not.

Its a bit of a conundrum.. on my last OS, Windows 7, most of the series cover art was automatically found and placed into my tv series directory.
I know that all the images are in the tv series (videos) folders, too. It's a matter of tweaking something, and it could be the different drive letters (in the new Windows 8.1 OS) that causes the problem with the tv series cover art.

Its also strange that I am the only one who is having this problem. It looks like i'll have to go through the entire list and re-find every individual series cover art by right clicking on the snapshot thumbnails..  :-\

CountryBumkin

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2015, 11:28:58 am »

most of the series cover art was automatically found and placed into my tv series directory.
I know that all the images are in the tv series (videos) folders, too. It's a matter of tweaking something, and it could be the different drive letters (in the new Windows 8.1 OS) that causes the problem with the tv series cover art.

Its also strange that I am the only one who is having this problem. It looks like i'll have to go through the entire list and re-find every individual series cover art by right clicking on the snapshot thumbnails..  :-\

The "TV" Series cover art must be in the "Series Folder", it won't work if it is just in the same folder where the tv-show file(s) is kept.

When I started using TV Series Cover Art (back in MC19 I think) I had to manually create a subdirectory named "Series". I don't know if MC does that automatically now or not. But look for that "series" subdirectory and make sure it exists and has your series cover art in it. Then double check you named it correctly (as I described in the last thread).

I moved all my Cover Art to a subdirectory of "My Documents" (i.e. "My Documents\JRiver Cover Art\Seasons" and "My Documents\JRiver Cover Art\Series" and "My Documents\JRiver Cover Art\Albums", etc.) to make it easier to find. Also, note that you have to tell JRiver where the art is, if you change the default location by going to Tools>Options>File Location >Cover Art ... folder. 

Sorry if all this is obvious to you and something else it wrong.

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 06:47:00 pm »

Hey.
I will follow your instructions.

I'd just like to ask though, why is it that some of my cover series art have been appearing now?
Or should I just ignore it and go ahead with transferring all the cover series art and then changing the default folder?

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2015, 03:41:20 am »

It also looks like, under, tools>options>file location>cover art it has been set a folder already.

I have two questions -

- Does everyone else's JRiver 20 create episode cover art in the same dir as their content? And what about all the XML files listed?
- And for the 'seasons' cover art, is there a way of displaying each individual season in the TV shows section?

Thanks

CountryBumkin

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2015, 07:27:05 am »

my episode art and sidecar (xml) file is stored in the folder with the episode.

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2015, 08:15:48 am »

Okay.

I managed to find my old cover art series folder, and copy and paste most of the missing art. After an import, it worked, yay!

One thing I want to clarify is why, after sorting my movies in 'date > newest first' listing, does the most recent movies not show up anymore (at the top) after the new library was created? It's annoying.

tiger2000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2015, 08:18:22 am »

And where is the movie cover art located? I can't see it with my other cover art directories...?

CountryBumkin

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2015, 09:33:56 am »

Movie cover art is stored in the folder with the movie.
Only Series and Seasons (regarding Video stuff) have specific folders for that art.

There are two places to setup sort criteria depending on what "level" you want to sort.
For example in displaying TV Shows, you can have level 1 = Series name (top roller), Level 2 = Season, and level 3 = episode. Each of these levels can be sorted individually.

Example 1:

____
Example 2:

Pages: [1]   Go Up