INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Built in YouTube choices have wrong titles  (Read 1160 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe
Built in YouTube choices have wrong titles
« on: January 14, 2015, 11:20:16 am »

I appreciate the recent modification to show more YouTube categories in Theater View. That works nicely, but the titles shown for the clips is not the correct filed.

MC seems to be using the clips "description (?)" field rather than "title" field, so if I want to watch, for example, a movie trailer, the description for the clip just has "Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6h ...." rather than the title/header "Avengers: Age of Ultron Official Trailer #2 (2015) - Avengers Sequel Movie HD" .

This makes it hard to figure out what the clip (trailer in this example) is about. Same issue for the other categories (at least the ones I use).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Built in YouTube choices have wrong titles
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 12:08:19 pm »

I'm not sure I understand.  When I look at YouTube in Theater View it seems fine.

For example:
Title: Water War with Chris Hemsworth

Decription: Jimmy and Chris Hemsworth face off in a twist on the card game War where the loser of each hand faces wet consequences.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 05:19:16 pm »

I described the issue incorrectly. Here's a screen shot of the problem. When you click on the "clip" the description shown is not correct. It's not a description of what the clip is about...

This is not a big issue for me - but, if it's not too hard to fix, it would be nice if it had the correct text.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 03:02:52 am »

MC can only show what YouTube shows in its description. If they shove generic spam in there, there is nothing we can do about it unfortunately.
This is your Ant-Man trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEVE3KSKQ0o

As you can see, the description field starts with exactly the text that MC shows you there. We cannot "filter" the description to find the interesting part, since its entirely free text.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Arindelle

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 03:50:31 am »

Checked and all titles I can see have the right caption (v. 20.0.56)
Pages: [1]   Go Up