INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing tags from iTunes for fields not in MC  (Read 5374 times)

barryo

• Recent member
Importing tags from iTunes for fields not in MC
« on: January 18, 2015, 09:12:52 pm »

Hi.  When importing from iTunes, the content of two fields there are not copied into MC fields:  Episode ID and Season Number (both appear under Video in iTunes).  [I used these fields for audio files to store extra info not suitable for the usual iTunes audio fields.]  How can I have that content transferred?  My unsuccessful attempts so far include using Options/Library & Folders/Manage Library Fields to Add New Field and entering into Calculated data/Expression either Insert Field, using [Episode ID], or using Insert Function, Field(Episode ID), but MC does not seem to see Episode ID from iTunes...?  Barry.

normd

• Recent member
Re: Importing tags from iTunes for fields not in MC
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 06:27:35 am »

Did you ever figure this out?  I have the same question on the artistsort tags

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 06:31:12 am »

You could try an Internet search to learn about iTunes tagging, but I believe that not all fields (tags) are stored in the file.  People sometimes get around this by making playlists of files that have certain tags, exporting those from iTunes and then importing into MC.  It's been discussed on the forum, probably on the Mac board.

You can add any tag to MC as a custom tag, and if the tag exists in the file, the contents will be seen in MC, but the name must match exactly.

Sorry: MC=PMW for this purpose.

normd

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 06:37:14 am »

Thanks for the reply.  My full question is on http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=103989.0.   I cannot seem to import tag information into MC from  my files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up