INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time to upgrade?  (Read 921 times)

Etsijä

• Recent member
Time to upgrade?
« on: January 21, 2015, 11:32:48 am »

I have been an extremely happy power user of the free Media Jukebox 14 for years now, and I really think it would be fair to show my support for the makers of this King of Professional Music Players (I only use it for music) by buying the license.  I'd just like to know what I will really get; I do not, nor intend to, use it for any other media playing&organising other than my precious MP3 files.  I use music a lot in my profession and appreciate enormuously the vast possibilities of multisorting, smartlists, syncing to a device etc. that MJ14 already gives me.

So, other than a right from time to time to nag you about a feature which isn't working ;), what will I get if I upgrade?  I'm not in any way trying to be cheap here, I'm just curious, how much the licensed version has advanced from MJ14. Is it faster? Does it contain less bugs?  Is it more versatile?

A specific technical question would be this: I am using Media Jukebox from two separate PCs.  I have a Dropbox account, where I already keep my music (so it is seen by both computers).  Is it possible to move some crucial configs of this software to a (shared) Dropbox folder and keep the two SW versions in sync?  I mean playlists (atm I have to resort to export->import playlists), views etc.  I haven't found a way in MJ14, but will it be possible in MC20?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Time to upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 01:28:19 pm »

A purchase will make MC20 run forever.  Its worlds better than MJ14.

Thanks for thinking about it.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Etsijä

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 04:53:57 pm »

A purchase will make MC20 run forever.  Its worlds better than MJ14.

Thanks for thinking about it.

Yes, I'd be more than willing to buy the license, if I just knew that my smart playlists which work fine on a PC would sync properly to the Android device I have (a Samsung Tab3).  As it is with the Media Jukebox 14, all the songs sync OK to the pad, but for some smart playlists, although the original list includes some 200 songs, only 6 songs are seen on the Android device's corresponding playlist.  This happens to 1 out of 6 playlists I'm trying to sync.  It is annoying, as the playlists are the core of my profession - I need the songs arranged by genre AND then BPM also on the Android device, as they are nice and neat on my PC.  I use the MJ smart playlists extensively, since support for multitag sorting on Android music software is non-existing.  So I put everything in order on my PC with MJ14, and then sync the smart playlists to the Android device.

Like I said, most of it works just fine, but some 1 out of 6 lists are "crippled" and only contain a few songs on the device (so all the 200 songs are actually on the device, but the list shows only 6 of them...).

Basically, what I am looking for is information, whether bugs like this are being addressed properly on Media Center 20...then I am happy to buy the license, because the software is great!

~OHM~

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 05:18:29 pm »

I would not call it a BUG...JRMC20 has a 30 day full feature free trial, why not install it and check it out, you can leave 14 installed as they will play nicely with each other.

Check out the WIKI and read, read, and read.
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

Etsijä

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 12:25:45 am »

I would not call it a BUG...

What would you call it then?  If I have two smartlists and both show, say 200 songs on my PC.  Then I sync the playlists to my Android device and list A shows correctly 200 songs but list B shows only 6...clearly this was not the way I want it to work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up