INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading from MC19 to MC20...  (Read 2931 times)

VinBob

• Junior Woodchuck
Upgrading from MC19 to MC20...
« on: January 23, 2015, 03:04:59 pm »

Hello All,

Any real benefits for HQ audio playback and audio features in moving from MC19 to MC20? Sorry if this has been answered already, but just wanted to be sure that it was worhwhile before pulling the trigger, as I seem to be happy with MC19 :)

Cheers,
Vin.

VinBob

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Upgrading from MC19 to MC20...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 04:20:39 pm »

Anyone....?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 04:21:46 pm »

Progress marches on, but if you're happy with MC19, use it. 
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

VinBob

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 04:26:50 pm »

OK - Thanks Matt. Wasn't sure as you are running a promo for upgrade at this time but if there are no real major improvements on the audio side of the house, then I will stick with MC19 which is great...

Cheers,
Vin.

SurveyorX

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 03:31:43 pm »

I must of missed something. I bought MC19 last April. I was under the impression that I now had JRiver for good. I didn't realize that I would have to "upgrade" to a new version. I am not a forum user so much, so I think I missed the notification about the MC20 upgrade that came out last July. I don't remember getting any email about it. If I had I would have been unhappy about it then. I did get an email today about the master license upgrade purchase special expiring (first I've heard of the master license) and found out I have to have a MC20 license to be eligible for it.

So instead of having JRiver I have a subscription to JRiver that I have to renew in order to have the latest version. It wasn't presented that way when I was testing it last year. If I had known last April, that within the first year, I was looking at another $22 to get the next version (actually within 3 months and who knows what other surprises that will bring down the pike) AND another $20 to stay compatible across OS, I'm not sure I would have gone down this path. Those are time sensitive prices as well, so if you don't hear the news or the timing is bad, you get penalized.

I really like JRiver but I don't like knowing that it is an ongoing expenditure for me. I don't think this fact was plainly expressed in the purchase information when I bought it. But, as I said, I may have missed something.

I'm feeling left behind and a bit ripped off.
Barry

SurveyorX

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 04:06:02 pm »

I see my error. I didn't make the distinction between "update" and "upgrade". So I didn't follow that link in the WIKI. My bad.

I don't know what the upgrade price was last April. But, it may have influenced my decision about buying JRiver, and when.

Still feeling left behind some but not ripped off. Sorry!!
Barry

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 04:06:13 pm »

You don't ever need to upgrade.  Your license will always work with MC19.
Pages: [1]   Go Up