INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Voice controlling JRiver with Amazon Echo  (Read 13800 times)

sarkonovich

• Galactic Citizen
Voice controlling JRiver with Amazon Echo
« on: January 28, 2015, 03:06:00 pm »

So there is now some software out there that will control jriver via Amazon Echo.  (It's on Github: http://Alexaho.me)

It's pretty cool. It grabs your voice search to the Echo and passes it along to JRiver through MCWS. (The program also allows you to use Echo to control Hue lights!)

One drawback is that the code uses Files/Search? in MCWS so the search looks at all fields (Artists, Album, Name, etc) and then start playing the results.

Is there a way to play the results of a Library/Values search in MCWS, instead of a Files/Query search? (Or, alternatively, filter a Files/Search? by field?)

Any thoughts on what would be the easiest way to implement this improvement in the existing code (it's written in Ruby)?

Thanks,
Steve
JRiver 21 Linux (ARM) on Pine 64 => PS Audio DirectWave DAC => ATC 50asl speakers. JRiver controlled by House Band on Amazon Echo

DV8

• Junior Woodchuck
  • My Karma ran over my Dogma
Re: Voice controlling JRiver with Amazon Echo
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 10:20:12 pm »

Did anyone get this working. I love the idea but not sure how useful it might be.

sarkonovich

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2015, 11:49:40 pm »

I did, indeed. And it works great. I don't know if you're familiar with the Amazon Echo, but now I can ask the device to play Bob Dylan (for example) or Blood on the Tracks. If you know what you want to hear, it's much fast than opening up the JRemote or Gizmo.

JRiver 21 Linux (ARM) on Pine 64 => PS Audio DirectWave DAC => ATC 50asl speakers. JRiver controlled by House Band on Amazon Echo

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2015, 06:24:06 am »

That's pretty neat.

We'll try it here.  We have an Echo.  I like it.

millst

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 01:15:37 am »

Cool, I have a few JRiver controls incorporated into my custom automation system. I went through the official API, ASK. It's cumbersome, but I didn't want to risk losing functionality if they decide to make that API private. The other day, I was looking at that Uber plugin since I was considering writing my own. Can't believe I didn't notice the JRiver plugin.

-tm

Dirk_

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 10:04:09 am »

Does the Plug-in for Amazon Echo work with JRiver Media Center 20.0.123?

BR
Dirk

sarkonovich

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 01:53:54 pm »

Yes, it will work for all versions, I believe.

The "official" thread is here:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=102709

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up