INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote won't take registration code  (Read 1180 times)

paugust

• Recent member
JRemote won't take registration code
« on: January 30, 2015, 11:43:45 am »

Hello all,
I've downloaded JRemote into my iPad. Ive entered the reg code, triple checking it for accuracy. I get an "invalid access key" response every time. I entered the code in all caps, put in the dashes, noted the difference between O and 0, B and 8, etc. I did not enter a server name or password because I don't know what this refers to. Is this the same as a home network name and password? I wouldn't think JRemote would need this since my iPad is already signed on to my home network. Any ideas? ?
Paugust

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: JRemote won't take registration code
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 11:53:04 am »

You could read about the Access Key on our wiki.

paugust

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 12:20:43 pm »

Oh.  ::)
Thanks

aoqw76

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 11:46:22 am »

Just to be clear, the code required by JRemote is the media server access key generated within JRiver MC. Go into tools/options/media network and if you have the media network enabled, then the access key is printed beneath. Mine is 6 characters long, mix of upper and lowercase letters, no numbers. This is not the same and is totally unrelated to a registration key for a purchased copy of Mediacenter.
xubuntu lts 14.04 32 bit, running mc22.0.36 as anything later doesn't work properly over vnc. using linux mc22 as media server to windows mc22 last version / jremote on ipad.
I am the owner / sole admin for www.cyrusunofficial.co.uk ("fan" site for Cyrus Audio hifi)
Pages: [1]   Go Up