INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any action on sync/duplicating problem?  (Read 2159 times)

roqpyl

• Recent member
Any action on sync/duplicating problem?
« on: February 01, 2015, 11:02:21 am »

I took a chance and tried to add a single new playlist to my ponoplayer and the duplicating of songs began again. I get an error message saying I'm trying to load 30 GB too much but I'm not. I merely want to add a single new playlist made up of songs already loaded.  Is there any other alternative to deleting everything from the player and reloading 50+gigs of music every time I want to make a change? It's not a quick process especially when spontaneous "improperly ejected" is a constant issue.

Cheezmo

• Recent member
Re: Any action on sync/duplicating problem?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 03:37:32 pm »

There is already a thread about this, they said they are looking into it two weeks ago then nothing.  Not encouraging.

roqpyl

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 07:21:50 am »

I was in on that one as well but was afraid it would disappear or be forgotten. I do wonder why there aren't more complaints about this issue. I did the delete-all and reload and 3-4 hours later I'm good until I want to make any changes. Lots of kinks but as a music player, Pono is the real deal in my opinion.

Cheezmo

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 08:46:02 pm »

Absolutely.  The player is great.  The implementation of syncing to the player is nonfunctional.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 07:11:46 am »

I took a chance and tried to add a single new playlist to my ponoplayer and the duplicating of songs began again. I get an error message saying I'm trying to load 30 GB too much but I'm not.
Is this on a Mac?  Empty the trash on the device. 

roqpyl

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 06:32:11 pm »

Yes, it is a Mac. And I do empty the trash before I load the player. What I am trying to do though is sync without having to clear the files from the player. With an iPod, syncing will make changes without reimporting files already on it. It only changes or adds new playlists or new songs from iTunes. Pono tries to reload everything from my library onto the player and I get the "30GB too much" message when all I had done was create a new playlist from existing songs. It would be like having to restore an iPod every time it syncs to iTunes. A lengthy process.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 01:25:18 pm »

Thanks for the reports.  A new Pono build is in the works and the problems listed in this thread will be looked into.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up