INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prevent Tagging Error Pop-Ups  (Read 1560 times)

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Prevent Tagging Error Pop-Ups
« on: February 04, 2015, 03:27:45 am »

Is there a way to prevent tagging error pop-ups?

Tagging errors due to write-protection always result in pop-up messages for each individual file. I get the same behaviour for files that have not been found.
I use MediaCenter on a server and a pc. The server version should never produce pop-up's but a log instead. The client pc gets no information when the server creates an error, e.g. file missing.

Can i adjust such options or is that missing?

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Prevent Tagging Error Pop-Ups
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 12:25:40 pm »

Anyone who can help on this or is it just bad explained? I doubt I am the only one who is noticing this.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 01:15:41 pm »

You could turn off tagging in Options > General > Update tags when file info changes
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

ken-tajalli

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2015, 01:26:54 pm »

Anyone who can help on this or is it just bad explained? I doubt I am the only one who is noticing this.
I think the OP means if you choose a bunch of tracks, to edit a value on tags belonging to all, if they are write protected or otherwise, you get as many error messages popping up.
You need close everyone by hand.
Imagine you had chosen few hundred tracks at once!
Yep few hundred error pop-ups.
I am sick of it too.
Uncompressed music on PC - Hugo 2 & DX7 pro - Meridian Poweramp,  Sonus Faber Grand Piano

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2015, 01:46:41 pm »

ken-tajalli, that's exactly what I mean. Even more annoying is when using MC on a server and connecting remotely. After fresh imports the tracks on the client become visible but cannot played. You don't see why - on the client. Watching the server, you find a pop-up for each track you tried to play stating that the file is not available. After restarting the client everything works fine.

So, two issues here. I would already be glad if the pop-up's could be changed in log entries or something similar which not requires me to press OK for each message.

@Matt, turning of the tagging is a workaround but no solution. In general, I prefer having updated files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up