INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New computer what now?  (Read 1482 times)

sruddy

• Junior Woodchuck
New computer what now?
« on: February 15, 2015, 02:49:17 pm »

I have a new computer and want to install JRiver on it. I did a lot of work getting my audio library correct on my old computer and don't want to have to do it over. The JRiver program and all files are on my old HD which I have installed in my new computer. I would like to install JRiver program on my new HD and keep all my files on the old HD. How do I go about this? Also if you think I should upgrade to the newest version at what point should this be done so all my library info stays intact?

Thanks,

Steve

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: New computer what now?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 03:01:52 pm »

There is a wiki topic called "Moving Files".

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New computer what now?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 08:23:09 am »

I usually do the following

I'd recommend installing version 19 on the new PC first.

Get a copy of the library backup onto the new PC. Restore the library and check to import the settings.

Reconfigure any audio settings and file paths that might need to be changed, including the auto import settings.

Then select all the tracks/media in a file view(s).  Use the Rename,Move fonction under library tools and repoint the database to the new path(s) (if they are not identical, different drive letter etc.)

Make a library backup from the new PC.

Run autoimport manually just to check.

Should be good to go. :)

After checking that everything is working fine. Install version 20 (don't remove version 19 yet). I usually wait a bit before actually deleting the prior version. Just make sure if you are running media server, to not autoload the version 19 files. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up