INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All tracks show twice  (Read 2941 times)

sruddy

• Junior Woodchuck
All tracks show twice
« on: February 20, 2015, 07:54:20 pm »

All of the sudden all my tracks are showing twice.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: All tracks show twice
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 08:26:33 am »

Maybe the filenames changed?  Look at the Filename field in the library.  If one is pointing to an old filename, select those files and delete them from the library.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 09:15:33 am »

If you have your files backed up somewhere and MC finds it, this could also happen.  The key is in the file name.

sruddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 10:29:37 am »

I hovered over the duplicates and they are from my backup drive. They were not there before the JRiver update. I have no idea how to select all those files to delete from the library. I tried unchecking the backup drive from the tools/library/configure auto import but after running it they are still there.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 10:41:42 am »

You can search for the drive letter of the external drive and remove the files with a "soft" delete.  Try a few before you do very many.

Or you could restore a backup from your previous version.  MC makes them automatically.

sruddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 04:04:06 pm »

You can search for the drive letter of the external drive and remove the files with a "soft" delete.  Try a few before you do very many.

Or you could restore a backup from your previous version.  MC makes them automatically.

Thanks Jim but can you be more specific? Search from were and what is soft delete and how is it done?

sruddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 04:41:36 pm »

Wife was complaining she couldn't listen to music so I did a delete from library. W\In JRiver I went to audio/files/ and picked one album from my back up drive. Did a delete from library then checked. All duplicate tracks are now gone on that album. I then did a delete of the whole music folder on the backup drive. Now I have no music files from my original music folder just something that says JRiver conversion cache. Also i see an import media that says updating library to match external changes. file 1 of 25 and it has said that for 10 minutes no change.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 04:42:03 pm »

Experiment with some files you don't care about.

The Shift Delete key pair is different than Delete.  Read carefully.  Go slowly.

sruddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 05:17:14 pm »

Experiment with some files you don't care about.

The Shift Delete key pair is different than Delete.  Read carefully.  Go slowly.

I did the test then I did the whole thing now the drive that the files are in is not even showing up. The files are still there. JRiver said after the update it had 24932 files in the library but I sure as heck can't find them in the library.

Here are some screen shots. Fist one shows lots of files in the main library.

This one shows zero files.

This one shows how the import is set up but still no files showing.

sruddy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 06:13:02 pm »

I think it's fixed. Here is what the update details were.

So for some reason the original files were deleted from the library along with the backup files. I have no idea why JRiver said the files were there. With this new info I restored the library then deleted the backup files again only this time I just hit CTR A to select all files I didn't use file view like last time. I'm pretty sure the issue is resolved but I will post back to confirm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up