INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problem with single flac file album  (Read 1849 times)

Eric05

• Junior Woodchuck
problem with single flac file album
« on: February 22, 2015, 07:25:06 am »

Hello, I have a problem with my pono player and pmw when the album I want to transfer is made of one single flac file.

Lets' say I have an album in flac, with ten songs, one flac file for each song, for 350 Mo for the ten files. No problem to import it to my pono player.

Sometimes (for some albums downloaded from internet music shops for instance) my album, instead of having ten files, is just one big flac files of 350 Mo containing the ten songs, but in only one file of 350 Mo and lasting an hour!

In this case, when I import this album to my pono player, the file, wich is the complete album, is copied ten times (as it composed of ten songs) and instead of having a single file of 350 Mo containing the entire album on my pono player, I have ten files of 350 Mo and Pono is displaying each file (wich is a complete album) as if it was a single song, si I have ten times the full album to play on my screen.

Do you understand what I mean ?

Thank you for your help

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: problem with single flac file album
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 07:41:48 am »

I believe your files may be FLAC with embedded CUE sheets.   They may not be supported.  You could split the files.

Eric05

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 04:03:18 pm »

OK, thank you for the answer !

shieber

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 08:18:05 am »

I believe you can use pmw to string tracks together with an embedded cue. So if you split them up, you can then use pmw to string them back together if thath's how you wnt them -- very useful for symphony and other multitrack works.

I believe your files may be FLAC with embedded CUE sheets.   They may not be supported.  You could split the files.
Pages: [1]   Go Up