INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM-like for Mac, to be able to use JRiver third party/desktop music players  (Read 5739 times)

thraph

• Recent member

Hi

When will it be possible to select a jriver driver wdm-like as sound output for Mac as you just released for PC ?
I use Qobuz and JRiver on the same dedicated minmac connected to my DAC via USB.
There is obviously an output conflict switching from JRiver to Qobuz and vice-versa.

Thank you

• Citizen of the Universe

I can't comment on whether this is something that is currently under development, since I don't know.

But as a more general comment; this is why, when it was first introduced, I suggested that the "WDM Driver" be called the "JRiver Virtual Audio Device" - because that is a descriptive platform-agnostic term, rather than "WDM". (Windows Driver Model)

marantzfan

This is the one thing that would tip JRiver for a lot of people as their preferred software.  I know it would for me.

avpman

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dad to three beatuiful Boxers by rescue.

Hi

When will it be possible to select a jriver driver wdm-like as sound output for Mac as you just released for PC ?
I use Qobuz and JRiver on the same dedicated minmac connected to my DAC via USB.
There is obviously an output conflict switching from JRiver to Qobuz and vice-versa.

Thank you

Just curious for my own edification; does your DAC accept digital audio via native USB? Or are you using an intermediate USB to Digital external device? I so, which one?
Thanks!

thraph

• Recent member

Just curious for my own edification; does your DAC accept digital audio via native USB? Or are you using an intermediate USB to Digital external device? I so, which one?
Thanks!
My DAC accepts USB input (as well as I2S, Coax, Optical, Optional Bridge Ethernet). I use USB with the Wireworld Platinum cable which gives great SQ.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

We hope to do something like this, but I can't say when.

sunbird

• Recent member

We hope to do something like this, but I can't say when.

Hi Jim,

do you know when WDM for mac will appear?
I am still waiting eagerly :) as a qobuz user.

Kind regards
Max

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

do you know when WDM for mac will appear?
I am still waiting eagerly :) as a qobuz user.
I'm sorry, but nothing has changed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up