INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Voices no longer are audible in DVDs.  (Read 1501 times)

Dare978Devil

• Junior Woodchuck
Voices no longer are audible in DVDs.
« on: February 24, 2015, 09:05:34 pm »

I don't know what I did, but I can no longer hear any voices on the audio tracks of DVDs.  The music and surround sound is fine, but the foreground speaker tracks are not playing.  I had to watch the last Game of Thrones DVD on VLC because after an hour of messing around with DSP Studio, and audio playback options, I cannot get the main audio track playing.  I watch movies using Logitech G430 7.1 headphones on Win 8.1 64-bit.  When I plug the cans into a USB port, I switch the default audio output in Control Panel to the headphones.  Normally it works fine.  But today, it simply won't play the audio correctly.  I fired up VLC as a test, and that worked just fine.  So I know it is something I changed in MC20, but I can't figure out what it is.

Any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Voices no longer are audible in DVDs.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 07:20:28 am »

I think that's a mapping problem of the audio channels.  Try forcing it to stereo in MC's DSP Studio > Output Settings.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 11:42:47 am »

I experience that problem when the source is 5.1 and MC20 is set for "stereo" and "no downmixing or upmixing" is set.

Dare978Devil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 08:12:02 pm »

Thanks, that was it.  I changed "no downmixing or upmixing" to JRSS and it started to work.  However, I have 7.1 headphones (they are virtual 7.1), but when I change the DSP Studio option to 5.1, I get an error message saying that it wants to change the output format to 2 channel.  I can see that when it is working, it says Output Format : Enabled and processing 48Kz 64bit 2ch.  If I change the Channels to 5.1, then it says it has to change it back or cancel playback.

How can I get 5.1 through these cans?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 08:20:38 pm »

How can I get 5.1 through these cans?

Does it work if you pick 7.1 in Output Format?

If not, they might only be virtual surround where they take 2 channel input but make it "sound like surround".
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up