INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Web GIZMO search options  (Read 2836 times)

cwm123

• Recent member
Web GIZMO search options
« on: March 10, 2015, 12:34:07 pm »

Hello!

Is there a way I can manage search results with Web GIZMO!? I would like to manage "SEARCH" in CUSTOMIZE Views for Gizmo & WebGizmo, or something similar.  As it is, the search returns items like artist (which links to individual tracks, not full albums by groups).

It seems the SEARCH feature is severely limited in it's functionality, or perhaps I'm missing important tags, or management techniques?

Thank you very much for your time and interest!  I also hope this info may be of help to others.

Thanks &
Best Wishes,
Chris

cwm123

• Recent member
Re: Web GIZMO search options
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 02:27:57 pm »

I love JRiver Media Center, registered & upgraded a few times over the years. (Same with friends.) But, over 4-5 years, we've been unable to get the simplest support questions answered. Fortunately, the software is fantastic, and with a lot of work we kludge things together ourselves, using it as a resource.

However, with such great software, there should be better documentation & support. Basics are covered, but important details are always missing. All related questions in forums have been unanswered by support staff. ?  Searching for real solutions.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 02:36:26 pm »

If you don't get an answer, it usually means nobody understands the question, or nobody knows the answer.

In this case, I think you're asking for functionality beyond what WebGizmo will provide. 

You might try another remote.  The wiki has a list of most.  JRemote is just now becoming available for Android, as well.  There is a thread on this that was started today.

cwm123

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 03:55:08 pm »

Thanks for your reply! I need to know if Search grouping in WebGizmo (and Gizmo) is a possibility at all, or if it's useless to continue searching for solutions!?  Others would also appreciate clarification, or details.

I've been using JRemote since it was released for iOS.  But, it's third-party software, not part of MediaCenter by JRiver, whereas WebGizmo and Gizmo are.  Also, the services provided by MC are accessible via web browser for almost every device option! That's very nice and convenient.  I believe it should be polished a bit, as it an advertised part of the application services.  (Users shouldn't have to rely on third party apps purchased for individual devices.)

Thanks & Best Wishes,
Chris

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 04:09:16 pm »

JRemote is a JRiver product now.

cwm123

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 11:46:59 am »

JRemote is a JRiver product now.

Excellent!  It was "Banjo Media" when I got it, I didn't realize it had changed.  It's a great application!  However, it's still sold as a third party application (not part of the MC Suite) and must be purchased on multiple platforms (iOS and Android).  Gizmo & WebGizmo are still part of the package, and don't require any third party software.

Therefore, it would still be advantageous (to all MC users), to have more options & information regarding Gizmo & WebGizmo features. 

Thanks & Best Wishes,
Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up