INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone know how to join tracks  (Read 2893 times)

shieber

• Recent member
Anyone know how to join tracks
« on: March 14, 2015, 10:23:05 am »

Anyone know how to join tracks -- I know there is a Link choice in Library Tools

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
Re: Anyone know how to join tracks
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 11:40:21 am »

There shouldn't be a need to join tracks for the PonoPlayer or for the PonoMusic World software.  Usually the reason for joining tracks is to get a gapless transition between the two tracks on players that don't support gapless playback.  But both the PonoPlayer (for lossless files) and PonoMusic World are able to play gapless from track to track.  What's the reason for wanting to join tracks for the PonoPlayer?

Here's an explanation of the Link Tracks feature:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=90543.0

The Link is to tie tracks together so they play together.  For example, to link Van Halen's "Eruption" to "You Really Got Me".  Or to link the movements of a classical symphony together so they play together.  Linked Tracks will only play together when played in PonoMusic World.  The PonoPlayer doesn't know about the links.

shieber

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 01:16:35 pm »

The same reason one would want to do it anywhere, just to keep them together when playing -- some tracks are all of a piece and belong together -- hate to have movements come up randomly and then not hear the end of the symphony.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 02:52:03 pm »

The same reason one would want to do it anywhere, just to keep them together when playing -- some tracks are all of a piece and belong together -- hate to have movements come up randomly and then not hear the end of the symphony.

I used Foobar2000 to join tracks.  I periodically suggest that MC should have a similar feature but nothing comes of it.

I wanted to get all movements of a classical work into one file for use on an iPod.  It simplified browsing (one less level) and allowed shuffle play of entire works.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 02:56:38 pm »

Anyone know how to join tracks -- I know there is a Link choice in Library Tools
Select 2 or more tracks. Make sure they are in the order you want them linked. Right click the selected tracks and choose Library Tools > Link Tracks. Now when you select the first track for playback, the other tracks will automatically be included.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 04:07:38 pm »

MC has a feature that lets you link two tracks so they are always played as one.

shieber

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 01:43:23 pm »

quote--Select 2 or more tracks. Make sure they are in the order you want them linked. Right click the selected tracks and choose Library Tools > Link Tracks. Now when you select the first track for playback, the other tracks will automatically be included.--end quote

That linking holds only for the pc software, not the pono player??
Pages: [1]   Go Up