INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I remove the ratings field completely from MC20 and JRemote?  (Read 2525 times)

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen

I only use JRiver for audio and for some bizarre reason I really dislike seeing ratings on the music I play. I want to eradicate ratings altogether from MC20 and from JRemote but I can't find a way of doing it. In MC20, if I go to Tools - Options- Library & Folders - Manage Library Fields - Ratings, the option to Delete is greyed out. The best I can do is uncheck "Ratings" on the display options for individual albums which temporarily stops the ratings from displaying but they're still lurking there and it's a constant battle to keep them away. Also, I can't seem to stop them popping up in JRemote. It's a constant battle that I don't seem to be winning.

Can anyone help?

I suspect one problem is that I'm tagging my music files with ratings when I rip them from CDs with dBpoweramp so that's another thing I need to address. But it's too late for the albums I've already ripped.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You could rate everything zero stars if that helps.  You could remove the display of ratings in some views by right clicking at the top of the list and unchecking ratings.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen

Thank you for that but they're workarounds rather than fixes and don't permanently solve the problem. I don't understand why it can't be corrected in Manage Library Fields - there's a delete button there but it's greyed out.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

Even though you're asking for a database removal...

It's worth mentioning that you can remove the ratings from all files in essentially one step.  Select all in any view that shows all your files, then press the little x next to the rating.  Poof; kills them all in one shot.

Brian.

richard-ec2

• Galactic Citizen

That should do it! And if I remove the Rating column while in the All Files view, will that also remove the Rating column from all other views?

Deleting the ratings almost deletes them from JRemote, too. You are left with a single row of 5 blank stars on the album info screen but I can live with that.

I think the source of the problem was that dBpoweramp was adding a rating to every CD file I ripped. (Other people's ratings, not mine, which is why I didn't like them.) I've now disabled this feature in dBpower amp so with any luck I'll get no more ratings.

Many thanks indeed for your help.

FelixM

• Recent member

Sorry for asking here, but, as you, I donīt use the ratings.
Are any way to not display the Rating and the Volume in Playing Now (Theater View)? (I only change the volume in the amplifier and it displays "Volume n/a" wich is useless).
I want to access the position slider without having to press the arrows in the remote passing sequentially these options I never use.
Even sometimes, accidentally, I rate a song when I press the wrong arrow.

Thanks

MC22, Win7, Intel 4570T, Intel HD4600, Asus H87i-Plus, 2x4GB, SSD Samsung 840Evo 1TB, PicoPSU, Fanless Streacom FC5 Evo, Denon AVR-2106, Infinity Beta 40 & C360, Panasonic TX-L39E6, Logitech Harmony 555 & IR Flirc
Pages: [1]   Go Up