INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-ray problem  (Read 2654 times)

TXATC

• Recent member
Blu-ray problem
« on: March 23, 2015, 05:48:27 pm »

Hello all,

I have recently started having problems with MC playing anything off of the bluray drive. It reads and then won't play it. It shows a volume with the appropriate information just won't play it.

Also (seems to be related as it acts the same way)
I have ripped a few movies using Makemkv and the rip goes fine . They play in vlc and wmc. However jriver loads them up and sits there. I can select any place on the player slider and it moves to it but just sits there like I'm staring at a picture. I'vespent the last few days running through troubleshooting and I haven't gotten anywhere.

I tried upgrading to 20, then realized that my lifetime upgrades I thought I had wasn't for this program. So i uninstalled 20 and went back to 19 (no fresh 19 install though) Everything was working fine until this point. Did I do something wrong?

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated. I haven't changed any settings or anything else from what I had before.

Thanks in advance!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: 2 new problems for me
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 05:56:57 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  There is a Blu-ray topic on our wiki.  Do you have AnyDVD HD or similar installed?

TXATC

• Recent member
Re: Blu-ray problem
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 06:02:33 pm »

Yep. Any DVDhd installed and running fine.
I would understand that for the drive issues but don't think that would account for problems with the rips. The rips have had 2 that won't play. Missing in Action
Casablanca

And again the program registers the disc just won't play it.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 06:15:43 pm »

An over-eager security program?

TXATC

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 07:05:10 pm »

I thought that may have been a possibility as well. Nothing new installed. Went and double checked in avast and windows. Both are still excepting the jriver program.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 07:50:32 pm »

Antivirus programs often don't behave.  Uninstall Avast to test.

TXATC

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 08:09:13 pm »

Would the non play be caused by out of date lav filters? I'vebeen looking and think that may be an issue but not certain if that would cause this kind of playback error. Drive or rip.

I did just recently start ripping lossless so i haven't really been paying attention to the streams. Maybe the Dtsdecoderdll.dll isn't enough now that i am not compressing the files anymore?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 08:27:56 pm »

I tried upgrading to 20, then realized that my lifetime upgrades I thought I had wasn't for this program. So i uninstalled 20 and went back to 19 (no fresh 19 install though) Everything was working fine until this point. Did I do something wrong?

If this means that the Blu-ray problem didn't exist until you installed then uninstalled MC20, something may have been broken by doing so. Some defaults in Windows, MC settings in the Registry or similar.

As you didn't do a fresh install of MC19 after going back, try to just do an install of the same version over the top the existing MC19 installation. That may fix the defaults and settings, and won't require you finding and preserving all the bits you have added or modified, such as the Dtsdecoderdll.dll.

If that doesn't work, maybe an uninstall and reinstall of MC19 will be required. Or, just upgrade to MC20 and enjoy all the new stuff. It isn't expensive.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

TXATC

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2015, 07:27:57 am »

Okay folks,

Update and confusion.

I was able to get Casablanca to play by switching the audio stream to an AC3 commentary. The primary DTS-MA and DTS track will not play. (they both say mono). All other DTS tracks on other rips play fine and allow the movie to progress.

Am I missing something to allow jriver to play the DTS(mono) tracks? I'm not quite certain why this one will not play and every other one will. Again, any help is appreciated. 

BTW, uninstalled Avast and tried running, no different. Updated LAV filters, jriver actually seems to load slower now.

Thanks again.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2015, 07:38:26 am »

Some versions of the dtsdecoderdll don't work with mono tracks. If you happen to have one of those, then thats it. You can try to delete/move it and see if it plays then.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

TXATC

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 03:58:48 pm »

Working now!

Thanks for the tip Hedrik! Turns out I had v1.1.0.7 which apparently didn't fix the breaking. Rolled back to .1 and they all work like a charm now!

Thanks everybody for the help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up