INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Last update changed the location of my Recorded TV shows to "Video/JRiver"  (Read 1991 times)

CountryBumkin

• Citizen of the Universe

Not a problem - but I thought it was strange when I started seeing the path where my TV recordings are saved as "F:/TV-Movies/Video/JRiver",  since I had actually setup my system to save recordings to "F:/TV-Movies/Temp-recordings".

What first caught my eye was the "JRiver" as I have not used the "." in JRiver for a long long time. So I suppose this new recording location must have come from the program install itself.

Well the forum is changing my text. I am writing J dot River (where dot is ".", and no spaces), but it shows up as JRiver.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

<Drive with largest space>:\Video\JRiver\TV Recording\ is the default location for recording if the user has not specified a location.  JRiver with a period after J is just old code that had not been cleaned up.  I have just cleaned it up now.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

Okay.

But the new MC version install must have overwrote this setting (location) on my machine as I already had a recording folder identified (same drive, just different folder). If in fact the new version install does change the recording location/folder - you may want to give a "heads up" to everyone as this new recording location may not be monitored by the Auto-Import config.

BTW - Setting the default recording location based on the "largest drive" is a good idea. It will save some new Users from accidently saving their recordings to their tiny SSD.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!

The default location is used only if MC does not get a custom location from the registry.  So your case was a bit strange.  Did you reset settings?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

CountryBumkin

No. I just did the new install over the old version. I always use the express install.
It was probably just due to some oddity on my computer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up