INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange DLNA behavior between MC on ID and Windows 7  (Read 2449 times)

gabeg

• World Citizen
Strange DLNA behavior between MC on ID and Windows 7
« on: April 14, 2015, 09:44:23 am »

For various reasons I want to use my serve files from the mc on my main machine (windows) to the ID.  I know that going the library/server route is faster but I like the idea of having my main computer converting everything going to the id to .wav as well as being able to send dsd files via dop.   

What's happening is that some files get skipped - ie if i want to play the first track of an album, it often skips that track and sometimes more before settling on a track to play.  This doesn't happen via the library route so I don't think it's the files themselves.   I'm using bitdefender on the pc but i believe I've made the right adjustments there.  I've also told windows to stop sharing.   Everything is on the lan.

Any thoughts?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Strange DLNA behavior between MC on ID and Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 11:57:26 am »

For various reasons I want to use my serve files from the mc on my main machine (windows) to the ID.  I know that going the library/server route is faster but I like the idea of having my main computer converting everything going to the id to .wav as well as being able to send dsd files via dop.   

What's happening is that some files get skipped - ie if i want to play the first track of an album, it often skips that track and sometimes more before settling on a track to play.  This doesn't happen via the library route so I don't think it's the files themselves.   I'm using bitdefender on the pc but i believe I've made the right adjustments there.  I've also told windows to stop sharing.   Everything is on the lan.

Any thoughts?

I don't know why it would skip tracks on converting, can you give more details? (i.e. track characteristics, format, number of channels, sample rate, etc).

In general I don't think you want to convert if you are sending to the Id. It can play nearly everything that MC on the PC can.
Set the DLNA server to original format and adjust the DSP studio settings on the Id to handle things like out of range sample rates and channel mixing for your chosen output device.

gabeg

• World Citizen
Re:
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 02:08:50 pm »

I turned off conversion of any kind but still have problems.  Mainly with higher sample rates including dop dsd.

bob

• Administrator
Re:
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 03:35:20 pm »

I turned off conversion of any kind but still have problems.  Mainly with higher sample rates including dop dsd.
I can play SACD iso to the Id without drops.
A network issue??

gabeg

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 06:51:04 pm »

i guess it must be.   Strange that going the non-dlna route, everything works fine. 

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 10:51:11 am »

i guess it must be.   Strange that going the non-dlna route, everything works fine. 
I made a reply to this in your post on the Id forum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up