INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Server cannot see Win 8 MC renderer  (Read 1488 times)

John G

• Recent member
MC Server cannot see Win 8 MC renderer
« on: April 20, 2015, 12:07:14 pm »

I'm running MC on a dedicated box running Windows Server 2012 R12. I recently set up a new computer running Win 8, intending to use it as a renderer. It does not show up on the server. MC is running on the new computer, and the server and new computer are ethernet hard-wired to the same switch. They can see each other in Windows, and I can access the new renderer through Remote Desktop. I'm running current versions of Win 8 and MC (updated the former and downloaded the latter today).

I've checked the Windows Firewall and it is set to allow MC access. I've also turned the firewall off, to no avail.

Oddly enough, the new renderer shows up as an available library on the MC server.

The server is able to see a couple of Western Digital TV Play boxes that I've used as renderers.

I've been stumped on this for a couple of days and would appreciate any help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC Server cannot see Win 8 MC renderer
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 12:18:56 pm »

Is Media Network turned on for both machines?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 01:13:47 pm »

After making sure that media network is enabled on both machines, make sure that under media network that you have the "DLNA controller" box checked on the server, and the "DLNA renderer" box checked on the client. 

John G

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 02:54:50 pm »

One or more of these suggestions worked. Thank you for the quick, accurate advice!
Pages: [1]   Go Up