INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Tag + Zones & Zone Switch - odd behavior  (Read 911 times)

dtb300

• Junior Woodchuck
DSP Tag + Zones & Zone Switch - odd behavior
« on: April 21, 2015, 01:16:16 pm »

I use DSP Tags, Zones, and Zone Switch.   I only have FLAC and DSD music files.  Using latest version of MC.

For all FLAC files I use DSP Tags.  The Proper DSP Tag Settings are used so this is working correctly.
For DSD Files I DO NOT use DSP Tags. I use a zone to set Bitstreaming.  This is working correctly.

I have a zone for FLAC (MainFLAC) and a zone for DSD (MainDSD).  Zone Switch is enabled -> Zone Switching is working correctly.

I have my ASIO Driver (Wadia) set for ASIO or WASAPI (does not matter) and have PreBuffering set to 2 Seconds.  

Here is what happens:  

If I play a FLAC file which has a DSP Tag, my WASAPI driver is changed to Kernel Streaming and PreBuffering value is set back to 6 seconds.  (I even tried setting driver to Direct Sound and same changes occurs)

If I play the same FLAC file but REMOVE the DSP Tag, neither of the two settings are changed.

If I set the ASIO driver to Kernel Streaming, play a FLAC file with DSP Tags, then the PreBuffering valueis changed back to 6 seconds.  If I remove the DSP Tag field, play the song, the PreBuffering value is not changed.

As a test I put a DSP Tag on a DSD file and two settings (Driver & PreBuffering) are changed.  Once the DSP Tag is removed, all is fine again.

Any ideas?
Pages: [1]   Go Up