INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with mp3 tags, proper tags JRiver displaying them wrong.  (Read 2839 times)

|Tch0rT|

• Recent member

I've used mp3tag to tag my mp3 collection and I've gotten a few oddities. I've checked the tags in mp3tag and JRiver and I can't figure this out as they show the exact same thing. Some stuff shows up as LBUM or LBUM ARTIST for the Artist name despite being tagged properly. I've removed them from the Library and added them again and it still labels them wrong. I have JRiver on two PC's and they both do this. The files appear to be fine and not corrupt as I had a tagging issue when I first tried JRiver and it turned out the file was corrupt but it makes no sense since it's entire albums that have this issue and not single files. See below:

Anyone have any ideas? I've been ignoring it for about a year but I'm now sick of it not displaying properly.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problem with mp3 tags, proper tags JRiver displaying them wrong.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 10:17:45 am »

Not sure how you set up your view, but it looks like on Album Artist.  Could you check to see what you have tagged in the [Album Artist] field to double check on these albums from the tag window .... what you circled on the main frame is the [Artist] Field. What is showing up in the tree (the Album Artist) should be the same as the Artist for these albums as they are not compilations

|Tch0rT|

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 09:53:14 pm »

Thanks for the reply as it got me to notice something! It's the default view for music files. Anyway I didn't notice the Tool menu in JRiver's tagging pop up or whatever you call it and selected show tags with values and right there under Contributing Artists was LBUM for the one and LBUM ARTIST for the others. JRiver must be added them since it doesn't show up like that on mp3tag which is weird. Anyway I deleted LBUM and LBUM ARTIST from them and now they're sorting correctly. Thanks again! :)

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 03:12:51 am »

sure no problem :)

Haven't used mp3tag in a long time but I'm pretty sure its reading only the fields actually written (embedded) in the file or file container. You have lots of fields that you can "tag" information but will not be written to the file .. if you want check in the Library & Folder Options manage library fields and make sure the fields that are important to you are being written (there's a check box to write tags to file if possible or something like that).

If you are relatively new to JRiver I'd suggest backing up manually the library file after you do a big tagging session or lots of importing (its done automatically for you but not always when you really need it). Tagging in JRiver is really quite powerful and I'd recommend using it over mp3tag; especially if you have flac or other lossless files which can handle more extensive tags.

Happy listening!
Pages: [1]   Go Up