INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starting all over again...?  (Read 2224 times)

VinBob

• Junior Woodchuck
Starting all over again...?
« on: April 26, 2015, 03:41:29 pm »

Hello All,

I am replacing my JRiver Media Center storage where I have all my music stored on with a Drobo for ease of expansion and redundancy going forward. I have copied all the music from my current external drives to the new Drobo device.

Question I have, is what is the quickest way to clear what I have in JRiver and point it to the new Drobo device for all the music files? Can I also keep the artwork and not have to replace that, or is it easier just to let JRiver rebuild it all from scratch?

Would appreciate any tips/guidance on this, as I am sure many people have had to do this already - Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Vin.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Starting all over again...?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 04:23:06 pm »

The best is to do the move inside MC, but you've already moved the files.

The wiki has a topic called Moving Files.

VinBob

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 04:39:29 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply! I have just copied all the existing files onto the Drobo drive - I have not removed/deleted anything from the current existing setup.

Does this help with doing it from within MC as you suggested?

EDIT: Oh crap - I think you mean for me to have moved/copied all the files from within MC. Doh! I had no idea you could do that...

I'll check out the WIKI for next steps I guess...

VinBob

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2015, 03:51:06 pm »

@JimH

Hi Jim,

I looked at the Moving Files references and looked at it within the JRiver MC application, but I am not sure or clear on how I can make multiple edits/changes to paths to point to the new location.

I currently have the following paths where the music is stored:

M:\Music on Raidon\Hi-Res Music (also folders such as SACD Music, 16 Bit Redbook Audio, MP3 Stuff)
N:\Music on Raidon 2\Hi-Res Music (also folders such as SACD Music, 16 Bit Redbook Audio, MP3 Stuff)

I have now copied all these folders from both N and M volumes to the equivalent folders to the new drive D:\

Given this scenario, what would you recommend I do? Should I simply remove all the music I have in my current library and re-import everything from the new Drobo storage? If so, what would be the easiest way to do this? Or, can I adjust paths from within MC to point to the new D:\ location equivalents?

Appreciate any help/guidance on this in advance... Thanks!

VinBob

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 09:08:04 pm »

Not to worry guys - I figured it our by doing the rename using the update option within JRiver MC - It will take a little while as I have a ton of files to deal with but a lot better than having to re-import and start from scratch!

What an awesome piece of software this really is in providing this level of file tweaking!!!   ;D

Cheers,
Vin.
Pages: [1]   Go Up