INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issue with Remote and HP Receiver  (Read 1217 times)

vroom

• Recent member
Issue with Remote and HP Receiver
« on: May 04, 2015, 04:13:11 pm »

Feel free to move if this is in the wrong thread. My HP IR Receiver I got with my JRiver remote does not always take a wake command from the remote. I've noticed that sometimes there is a solid red light on the receiver when the PC is asleep and other times there is nothing. Should the receiver be showing any sort of light when the computer is asleep? It seems to take a wake up command only when the light is on.

Arindelle

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Issue with Remote and HP Receiver
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2015, 04:59:12 pm »

you have WOL configured in Windows and your bios right? If not it won't wake it up. You'll have to google that one if need be  ;)

If you do have wake on LAN set up right, I've found that some commands will wake up some PCs, others won't not sure why. But you can program one that does. Usually the green (start) button or the on/off should wake it up.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

vroom

• Recent member
Re: Issue with Remote and HP Receiver
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 05:47:35 pm »

WOL is configured. It seems to be some sort of USB power issue, that or the IR receiver is defective. I found I had USB Suspend enabled, so I disabled that and will see if it fixes it.

Is the red light on the IR receiver supposed to be on or off when the computer is asleep?
Pages: [1]   Go Up