INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: File Name Case  (Read 3710 times)

Trenton

File Name Case
« on: May 18, 2015, 11:35:24 pm »

This is maddening and a little weird.  I'm using Jukebox 14.0.166 and for some reason it refuses to import files in the same name case as the file name even thought the path and name are in the Capitalized Letter Case I want.  For instance in windows explorer, the file is named 01-A Song I Like.mp3 HOWEVER when I look at it in MJ14 filename it shows the file as 01- a song i like.mp3.  I tried changing the letter case in MJ14 using the "Clean File Properties" and it changes the file case temporarily BUT if I delete the folder and re-import it, the filename imports all in lower case even though the file itself has a Title Case.  Apparently (the only thing I can figure) is MJ14 has some sort of cache that remembers the previous lowercase filename (without Capital Letters) REGARDLESS of the File Name in explorer! 

Why does MJ keep importing Capitalized Files Names in in lower case file names?

Can someone explain to me why this happens and tell me how to fix it?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: File Name Case
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 12:24:03 am »

Has the tag been saved in the file in lower case?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • where the buffalo roam
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 06:26:23 am »

Try editing the tags.

Trenton

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 07:17:47 am »

It's not the title that's a problem, and yes I have tried editing the tags.  It's the filename and path that's the problem.  The path filename on explorer does not match the one that shows up in MJ14.  The Path and Filename in explorer is in Title Case but when I import it to MJ14, the path and filename show up in lower case.

If I change it using the "Clean File Properties" function, it changes the filename to Title Case AND it also changes the File  Case in explorer.  Even if I physically change the Folder and Filename in explorer to Title Case MJ14 still imports it in lower case.

Currently I am moving my music from one hard drive to a larger hard drive.  When I move the renamed Folder and Files to the new hard drive, and import it into MJ14, the filename (and often the path) revert back to lower case in MJ.  When I go check the path and filename in explorer, it's still in Title Case but MJ reports it as being in lower case.

It's maddening!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up