INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Various Problems with JB  (Read 2135 times)

Moshkiae

• nothing more to say...
Various Problems with JB
« on: August 14, 2003, 08:48:10 pm »

Hi,

Part of this may be related to not having registered this program yet, but there are some functions that appear to be broke, and the errors are disconcerting ...

1. Can not record CD's ... it rips the stuff, and then fails when writing the information file ... error 1051 ... not sure I would like to buy a program that can not do basic functions ... even if it was a test, or just partial ... test could show that it works.

2. Convertion. I ran, for a long time, a show on an RA server. I would like to convert those files to MP3, and I get an error in XP that sends it to Microsoft ... and I do not know that that error is and the program closes. In the W2K box, the "file can not be open" error and locks things up.

3. Can not record off the Line-In ... gives error that it can not open file ... kinda stupid, since it could record things, and ask for a name at the end of the recording!

I have to admit, that so far, the ability to do MP3's off CD's from this program is nice, but being able to do it off the Line-In is what I am really looking for ... I have over 2K LP's and need to convert many of these rarities into the MP3 format, and so far this has been the most promising of all the programs ... but if it can not do the most basic things, I can not affort to spend money on something that does only 1 inch of the work I need.

Much thanks ahead of time, and I hope the tone is not negative. I am simply looking for help/support in the areas I need, and software out there is shambles and most of it is not even simple, and intuitive.

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
Re: Various Problems with JB
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2003, 05:48:58 am »

sounds like you might need to buy the media center 9

i  believe it fixed the errors you say you have.

but  you also might need to give more system info on your post so everyone here  can tell more if your  system is causing something.

but  media jukebox 8 is old now and who knows how long they will keep it going since they got media   center 9 out  now. 8)
roving cowboy / keith hall

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2003, 11:17:02 am »

Please try the Help section above and see the section on line in recording.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2003, 02:22:49 pm »

1. try media center 9 see if that helps
2. MJ8\MC9 does not convert RA
3. don't know

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

rovingcowboy

• World Citizen
  • I love media jukebox
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2003, 02:44:09 pm »

i just realized what RA is from reading king spartas  reply.  

and you are not able to find any program anymore for converting real audio media   real media put a stop to that.  

now  how ever  there are work arounds.  you can play the real  audio in the real player and try to use the windows media recorder to record it.  

oh you only have the recorder that makes one minute recordings?  wrong.  just decrease the speed of the recording for the windows recorder and it can get long recordings depending on how much ram you have.  i got up to 10 minutes with the 225 mbs of ram on the win98 computer.  

then when you got that  recorded you can save it as an mp3 using ms's encoder by clicking the change button on the save panel.  hope that helps on that.

but  mjb might even beable to record it for you if you try to record from  the mixer.  

you then just have to go to the sound icon ( speaker) and open the controls then make sure under the recording properties you have all mixer controls selected  and showing then mute the ones you dont  want to use at that time.

you will need to use the syn' one for the mixer to hear it.  

that also might be the reason you cant record from line in.  you dont have it  seleted when you try to record.  

roving cowboy / keith hall
Pages: [1]   Go Up