INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Personalized Streaming and Doctor Who  (Read 15651 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Personalized Streaming and Doctor Who
« on: June 04, 2015, 09:51:45 am »

We're working on a big project that will be able to deliver a new and unique experience when you listen to your music.

It starts with your collection and adds in other related audio from the Internet.  The streaming audio comes from our Performer Store, which uses the Medianet catalog of 40,000,000 tracks.

The first stage of the implementation is a playlist sharing system called Doctor Who.  This feature will appear in a new build to be posted here in the next few days.

We expect to add other streaming sources in the future.

Doctor Who Instructions

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Personalized Streaming and Doctor Who
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 06:31:00 pm »

I've been using this as it's being built and it's already costing me money.  I found a Ben Webster CD I learned about from one of Arindelle's playlists, and I bought a Au Revoir Simone track I found in an mwillems' playlist.  It's been fun.  I look forward to it being fully functional.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 08:30:24 pm »

Glad to be adding to the mischief!  My wife calls a lot of what I listen to "quote-unquote music" (making sure to add the air quotes), but I've still got an ear for the occasional pop hook leftover from my days in radio.

I usually put together one or two mixtape style playlists a year for friends to showcase new music I've found that year that I think is really neat.  It's fun to share them with a larger audience.  I think I'll like this feature.

Krunchy

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 04:15:09 am »

This is a great feature.
I hope you will think about HD streaming sources (i don't think performer store sell HD tracks)), working outside the US (i would love qobuz, i like dreaming).

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 07:03:39 pm »

I'm listening to Arindelle's playlist called Stride and Swing.  I'm very grateful for what I've learned from listening to his playlists.  He shares my interest in jazz.

Listening to: 'You Look Good To Me' from 'We Get Requests' by 'Oscar Peterson Trio' with JRiver Media Center 20

Thanks, Steve!
Pages: [1]   Go Up