INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gapless Playback  (Read 5496 times)

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Gapless Playback
« on: July 01, 2015, 01:59:45 pm »

I have a new album that I want to play gapless.This is the only one I have that needs gapless, so I am new to the whole topic. I have two versions - one with individual tracks and the second as a continuous stream. The continuous one plays fine, but I cannot see any track names. The one with individual tracks plays fine when I have the gapless option set. But, I do not what to go into Options every time I play this one album. So, is there a way either to play the individual tracks as gapless automatically when I play them or to show a list of track names when playing the continuous one in a standard category view. I have not found any obvious solution.

Note, I am still on MC 19, but the only thing I see in MC 20 that might help is linked tracks and I do not see any option that would play linked tracks as gapless.

Any help is appreciated.

Listener

• MC Beta Team
Re: Gapless Playback
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 03:34:42 pm »

Why not just leave the gapless option on all the time?

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 04:29:20 pm »

Why not just leave the gapless option on all the time?

I have a very slow Netbook and a fair amount of 24/192 music, from digitizing my vinyls.  In order to load tracks without skipping it needs a couple of seconds between tracks. If I had a new, faster machine I probably could just do gapless. But not with this Netbook. The Netbook is slow, but it has Windows 7 Starter on it, almost nothing else, minimal network traffic, etc.  It is a nice player other than the speed.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 04:44:20 pm »

If you're using Memory Playback, try turning it off.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 04:53:07 pm »

If you're using Memory Playback, try turning it off.

I do not have memory playback on.

Any input on my gapless question? Is it just not doable?

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 05:37:08 pm »

I'm not familiar with MC 19; I've only used MC 20.  On 20 under Tools > Options > Audio > Track Change there is an option called Use Gapless For Sequential Album Tracks.  Just check that box, and it will do gapless *only* for the tracks in the same album that follow each other.  For every other track it will use whatever track change option you selected.  This feature was designed for exactly what you are asking for (as far as I can tell).

Brian.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 05:41:27 pm »

Thanks Brian. It is also on MC 19. I usually play the whole album at a time. That option uses gapless for every album, which is not what I am looking for. I want a way to have it play gapless just for a single album, without having to go into Options. Not sure if it is possible.

Edit: It might work since I have added several seconds of silence at the end on each vinyl track. I though gapless would strip that out, but it does not seem to. So, I need to check to see how it works.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 06:15:09 pm »

What is the full version of MC19 that you're using?  19.0.161 was the last build.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 06:18:13 pm »

Looks like my assumption about gapless playback was wrong. It still honors the silence in the tracks. I thought it took out the silence to make regular tracks gapless. So, my vinyls play fine with the appropriate silence which allows them to load. My one gapless CD plays fine from separate tracks. I will keep experimenting, but I think I am OK. Thanks.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 06:20:13 pm »

What is the full version of MC19 that you're using?  19.0.161 was the last build.

Actually, I am on 19.0.163.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 06:38:56 pm »

I'm sorry.  You're correct.

There is an option to trim silence.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 06:54:03 pm »

Yes, but I do not want to trim silence because I need that to load the vinyl . I thought gapless did that, but it does not. So I am good. Playing 24/192 from a usb drive on a system with a Jmark of 477 is a challenge, but it works.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 08:37:08 pm »

What files types are trying to play gapless? Occassionaly I'll hear a slight gap on tracks that I ripped to MP3 years ago, but now that I rip to FLAC, MC does a (always has, actually) phenomenal job at playing gapless CDs.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 09:52:26 pm »

They are flac. My one gapless album seems to be playing fine with Use gapless for sequential album tracks setting and my other tracks still play with gaps as usual.
Pages: [1]   Go Up