INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 20.0.126 for Mac -- Available Here  (Read 9951 times)

adamt

• Galactic Citizen
JRiver Media Center 20.0.126 for Mac -- Available Here
« on: July 08, 2015, 03:55:47 pm »

This is the latest version of MC20 for Mac.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted.

Download: http://files.JRiver.com/mediacenter/channels/v20/latest/MediaCenter200126.dmg

20.0.126 (7/8/2015)

1. NEW: A Mac text box can be shown in order to enter special characters by using the shortcut Cmd(⌘) K.

20.0.124 (6/30/2015)

1. Fixed: Text strings with diacritical marks were sorting in the wrong order in list views. Now 'A'and 'Â" sort together for example.
2. Changed: Tweaked audio feeder and playback thread priorities and policies to reduce dropouts.

20.0.122 (6/22/2015)

1. Fixed: Send to > External Application now works as expected.
2. Adjusted audio feeder Mach thread policy to minimize dropouts under high cpu load.

20.0.116 (6/3/2015)

1. Changed: Custom Resources, Custom Webpages, and Custom Art will now be stored in "~/Library/Application Support/J River/Media Center 20/Data".
2. Fixed: Custom Webpages now load.

20.0.115 (6/2/2015)

1. Changed: Skins folder moved to Application Support so user added skins are preserved when an update is installed.

20.0.113 (5/29/2015)

1. Fixed: Crash importing/playing from network drives on 10.6.8 systems.
2. Changed: Tweaked the audio buffering system to hopefully address audio skipping issues some users are experiencing. Please report results.

20.0.112 (5/28/2015)

1. Changed: Updated the FFmpeg version used for file analysis, transcoding and video playback.
2. NEW: Full support for native DTS-HD decoding.
3. Changed: Use native cache folder on Mac for Media Center's conversion cache: ~/Library/Caches/com.jriver.mediacenter/conversion_cache
4. Changed: Increased audio feeder thread to real-time priority to hopefully address audio skipping issues some users are experiencing. Please report results.

20.0.94 (4/14/2015)

1. Fixed: Audio CD Ripping would sometimes create duplicate track entries in the database.
2. Changed: Streamlined auto-import to reduce extraneous activity when mass changes are made within Media Center.
3. Fixed: Freezes or crashes could occur when importing or converting large batches of WMA format files.
4. NEW: External audio encoders are now supported.
5. Fixed: The group component of the benchmark was slow for the last few builds.
6. Changed: Updated Slovak language file (thanks Peter Lukac).
7. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo).
8. Fixed: Handheld device Eject was unreliable.
9. Changed: Revised upward the estimated bitrate of lossless codecs. Makes predictions of how much transcoded music a handheld device can hold more accurate.
10. NEW: Third party DSP plugins (like VST effects) can now be enabled for DLNA and format conversion.

20.0.87 (3/28/2015)

1. Fixed: Tracks on device not in sync were not getting deleted even when the option was enabled.
2. Fixed: Artist or Album names beginning with a period would cause problems syncing with handheld devices.  Now underscores are used in place of leading periods in folder names on the device created during a sync operation.
3. Fixed: After playing a track directly from CD, a message could pop-up saying the disc could not be identified.
4. Fixed: WebKit plugins are now disabled.  Plugins (e.g. Silverlight) could cause crashes and freezes when MC was displaying web pages.
5. Fixed: The drive was identified as /:\ on the CD misread Information dialog.
6. Fixed: Syncing files with conversion enabled would cause files to re-convert on every sync.
7. Fixed: Tracks on device not in sync were not getting deleted even when this option was enabled.
8. NEW: When songs in MC's library are stored on a network share drive, the drive is now bookmarked by MC so if it's not mounted after a reboot, MC will automatically re-mount the drive when needed.
9. Fixed: CD ripping would sometimes fall out of secure mode.
10. Fixed: Many Retina mode scaling improvements.
11. Changed: If there's a custom library field created called Tooltip and it evaluates to non-empty, it will be used for the text of the tooltip.
12. Fixed: Requesting a File List or Cover Art over MCWS for a very slow executing Smart List (ie. Missing Files) could result in all MCWS queries being delayed until the request was completed.
13. Fixed: MOV/MP4 files could have the wrong information in the Compression field.
14. Fixed: Multichannel DSD wrapped by DoPE was overflowing the buffer resulting in noise or crashes.
15. Fixed: Podcasting could download duplicate tracks (only maybe fixed, so testing appreciated).
16. Fixed: Some w64 files did not import/play.
17. NEW: ID3 tags from w64 files are properly imported.
18. Fixed: Playing FLAC+CUE files could result in some tracks being skipped in the recent builds.
19. Changed: A/V sync is maintained more aggressively at the start of video playback.
20. Fixed: Seeking a Linked Zone over Gizmo would cause MC to hang.
21. Fixed: The player evaluating "Playlist Remaining Time" could hang (only maybe fixed, testing appreciated).
22. NEW: Linked zones can optionally enter a playback rate so that a zone that plays slower or faster can be corrected (the 'Adjust Link Timing' dialog allows entering a rate).
23. Fixed: Very short convolution filter would not load properly at all times.
24. Fixed: Pressing Enter key following in-place editing no longer initiates a "Play" command.
25. Fixed: Playing/importing APE files from read-only drives was not working (regression).

20.0.80 (3/2/2015)

1. Fixed: App signing issue on some systems.

20.0.74 (2/21/2015)

1. Fixed: When syncing files to a linux based handheld device (i.e. Android), forward slashes within artist or album names would cause the destination path to be wrong.
2. Fixed: External storage cards on handheld devices were not always showing up in MC without doing a manual re-detect of devices.
3. Fixed: Many CD ripping problem fixes.
4. Fixed: Auto-import was sometimes importing image and 'data' files which aren't supported.
5. Fixed: A CUE parsing issue where the last track would not work because the playback range was parsing incorrectly if the CUE file spanned multiple tracks.
6. Fixed: Reading a SACD ISO with empty data packets could cause a crash.
7. Changed: Made the SACD ISO parser a little more forgiving.
8. NEW: Added a 'Total Tracks' field to the library.  Currently updated from MP3 files, MP4 files, FLAC files, and during CD ripping.
9. NEW: Added a 'Total Discs' field to the library, which is updated from MP3, MP4, and FLAC files.
10. Changed: Updated German translation (thanks Bytestar).
11. NEW: Support for playing HTTP Live Streaming streams (both video/audio and audio-only).
12. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks Kazuo!).
13. Fixed: CD ripping was always using secure mode regardless of user setting.
14. Fixed: Prior to any CD play or rip activity, the options dialog did not always show the installed CD drives.
15. Fixed: If CD ripping was started from the list header button, the initial ripping action window would still show after ripping was complete.
16. Fixed: During Handheld sync, if no files were being uploaded (just deletions taking place), sync process would stall out with "Working..." displayed in action window.
17. Fixed: Use defaults for empty media file location base paths read from the registry.
18. Changed: Updated the FFmpeg version used for file analysis, transcoding and video playback.
19. Fixed: WMA files would not play on some OS X 10.6 systems.

20.0.67 (2/9/2015)

1. Fixed: Occasional crash at startup due to splash screen.
2. NEW: Video conversions now supported!
3. Fixed: Crashes in the file converter when using DSP plugins.

20.0.64 (1/29/2015)

1. Fixed: SACD playback was broken for the last few builds.
2. Fixed: Avoids importing files from within app bundles and installer packages.  Avoid importing images.

20.0.63 (1/28/2015)

1. Fixed: Display view sometimes would become detached and could remain showing over the top of other views (really fixed this time).
2. Fixed: Video display in action window would display over the top of other action window views.

20.0.62 (1/26/2015)

1. Changed: When both a Windows and a Master license are installed, Media Center now shows the installed license type as Master.

20.0.60 (1/22/2015)

1. Fixed: Purchase links were not going to the new page.

20.0.59 (1/21/2015)

1. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks p.v.).
2. Changed: Added a 3dB cut to the Headphones effect so that increases from cross-feed won't lead to clipping.

20.0.58 (1/20/2015)

1. NEW: Selecting audio streams in Video files.
2. NEW: Chapter selection in the OSD and context menus for videos.

20.0.57 (1/16/2015)

1. Fixed: DSP Studio presets could not be saved/loaded/deleted.
2. Fixed: Display view sometimes would become detached from Media Center and could remain showing over the top of other views.
Adam Thompson, JRiver

jbbernar

• Recent member
Re: JRiver Media Center 20.0.126 for Mac -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 04:36:57 am »

If I select all my files which need audio analysis (about 3000), then select anything but "Process 1 files <sic> at a time" when choosing Analyze Audio, MC immediately crashes. If I select fewer files, I can choose to process more than one file at a time. The crash log begins

Process:               Media Center 20 [28004]
Path:                  /Applications/Media Center 20.app/Contents/MacOS/Media Center 20
Identifier:            com.jriver.MediaCenter20
Version:               20.0.126 (?)
Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:        ? [1]
Responsible:           Media Center 20 [28004]
User ID:               154043

Date/Time:             2015-07-09 11:27:03.924 +0200
OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.10.4 (14E46)
Report Version:        11
Anonymous UUID:        825D143B-8CFE-F7A5-B1A6-D0F715DA691B

Time Awake Since Boot: 410000 seconds

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x000040dedeadbec0

VM Regions Near 0x40dedeadbec0:
    MALLOC_LARGE           0000000125703000-0000000127750000 [ 32.3M] rw-/rwx SM=PRV
-->
    JS JIT generated code  000050f2eee00000-000050f2eee01000 [    4K] ---/rwx SM=NUL

Application Specific Information:
objc_msgSend() selector name: invalidate

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 06:23:58 am »

Could you provide the entire log?

See if you can determine whether unchecking a filetype (like ALAC) helps.  It's possible that one of the codecs isn't thread safe.

jbbernar

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2015, 07:09:57 am »

It does indeed seem to be restricted to mp3s (and not ape, flac, sacd, or wav). Here's the log from the latest crash.

al1947

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 08:39:01 am »

Crashes on opening; won't run. OS X 10.10.4

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2015, 09:14:28 am »

Upgraded to El Cap Public Beta and am getting a 1 second audio blackout every 15 sec to my D100 DAC; but this is happening from every player (youtube, iTunes, & JRiver) so not sure what changed but think it must be a change to USB driver interface, timing or async priorities or something.  This is devastating because I am sure the incident will be isolated to just my setup and will never see a fix.  If it continues past the final release I might have to try full fresh re-install of the os.

Regarding the media keys on the keyboard El Cap fully breaks them from working with MC20.  It used to be I could click onto MC20 and they would start working but now nothing.  Moreover they made it to where it is not allowed to disable the rcd (media key daemon) to prevent iTunes from always catching them which was half of my workaround for the media key issues up until now.  So it is no longer possible to defeat iTunes from opening on every media key press... again devastating.

Sincerely hope there is a way to defeat these two issues via some fancy JRiver code wizardry soon... pretty please, anything to get my media keys to just work and not launch iTunes and to prevent the usb issues.

Bisiar

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 10:11:11 am »

Nice release. With the send to external working, burn support won't be missed as badly. I just added Roxio Toast Titanium to the external list and then used send to external to send my playlist to Roxio. It burned just fine. Thanks for the great work.
James

John Smith

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 09:09:44 am »

In video playback in the full screen mode, the top control panel still transforms into mysterious gray rectangle.

chriswimlett

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 12:46:45 pm »

NEW: A Mac text box can be shown in order to enter special characters by using the shortcut Cmd(⌘) K.

Thanks for this - much appreciated and a big help with opera metadata

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 01:01:29 pm »

Split Dr. Who

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 09:45:37 am »

Split Second Icon

johnjen

• Galactic Citizen
  • Sonicus Caelumus Tremendamus
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 09:16:45 pm »

Another odd bit of behavior.

All of a sudden the playback just stops for ≈ 10-15 seconds.
The spectrum analyser displays (left and right) on the main window turn into a light colored rectangle.
And the spinning beach ball pops up while the cursor is over the MC window.

The system load is very low ≈2% (not showing much if any cpu usage)

Then all resumes as if nothing had happened.

Odd…

JJ
Custom 71A HP amp, Schiit Jggy dac, HD-800-Jmod, AOIP digital data feed, custom wiring and mains power feed, Mac Pro 4cpu 16GB ram SSD's

Shail

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2015, 06:17:48 am »

Hi,

File > Export to iTunes & iPhone...

... doesn't do anything when i click it

Mac OS X 10.10.4

I've tried:
- iTunes  open and closed
- smartlist, media view, playlist selected
- audio files selected

Thanks for great software, I only use iTunes for the dreaded link to my iPhone.

dfortney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2015, 09:28:55 am »

Just writing to update that the McIntosh D100 USB drop outs I was experiencing with the El Cap beta has magically fixed itself without any apparent updates from Apple.  Somehow they must have snuck one in when I wasn't looking  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up