INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCWS MCC_Play_Playlist Command Plays to Active Zone, Not the Zone in the Command  (Read 3180 times)

mjcrhbsh01

• Recent member

Hi,

I am using MCWS to send the MCC_Play_Playlist command to set a playlist on a specific zone. Here is the command I am sending:

/MCWS/v1/Control/MCC?Command=30007&Parameter= 894722373&Block=0&Zone=PA Kitchen&ZoneType=Name

However it doesn’t honor the zone setting that’s passed & always plays on the active zone. This is the same behavior that I reported has been happening with the MCWS PlayByFileName command in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98507.0,

Am I doing something wrong or is this also something that will have to be fixed in the next build?

Thank you.

mjcrhbsh01

• Recent member

twb1000

• Junior Woodchuck

I would like to get help on this also.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

Control/MCC doesn't take a zone.

You can sneak one it by doing:
#define MAKE_MCC_PLAYBACK_PARAM(PARAM, ZONE_INDEX) (((ZONE_INDEX) == -1) ? ((PARAM) & 0x00FFFFFF) : ((((ZONE_INDEX) + 1) << 24) & 0xFF000000) | ((PARAM) & 0x00FFFFFF))

You need to combine it with your parameter of 894722373.

You'll need the zone index instead of the ID.

Otherwise, issue a command that takes a zone parameter.  There are a bunch of them.  If there's some specific one you need that isn't there, just let us know.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mjcrhbsh01

• Recent member

Control/MCC doesn't take a zone.

You can sneak one it by doing:
#define MAKE_MCC_PLAYBACK_PARAM(PARAM, ZONE_INDEX) (((ZONE_INDEX) == -1) ? ((PARAM) & 0x00FFFFFF) : ((((ZONE_INDEX) + 1) << 24) & 0xFF000000) | ((PARAM) & 0x00FFFFFF))

You need to combine it with your parameter of 894722373.

You'll need the zone index instead of the ID.

Thanks Matt for responding.

Let me clarify myself in case I wasn’t clear enough. I am not using the MCC commands from the Windows command line or a programming language. I am trying to use it via the MCWS command system. One of the MCWS functions allows you to send a MCC command. One of the MCWS options is to target the MCC command to a specific zone. The following is from the MCWS documentation:

MCC
          Perform a Media Core Command (MCC).
          Parameters:
             Command: The command (an integer value from the MC_COMMANDS enumeration; visit DevZone for the command list). (default: )
             Parameter: The parameter to the command. (default: 0)
             Block: 0: return immediately (command is posted and processed asynchronously); 1: wait for the command to finish before returning. (default: 0)
             Zone: The zone the command is targetted for. (default: -1)
             ZoneType: The type of value provided in 'Zone' (ID: zone id; Index: zone index; Name: zone name). (default: ID)

I am successfully using other MCC commands this way targeted to specific zones. One of them is the MCC_Volume_Mute command #10017, which by the way does not exist in the MCWS commands. Here is the command I am using:

/MCWS/v1/Control/MCC?Command=10017&Parameter=1&Block=0&Zone=Kitchen&ZoneType=Name

This command has been working for me without a problem muting & un-muting the specific zone sent in the command. It’s only the MCC_Play_Playlist Command that’s not honoring the zone. Which makes me think that it’s a bug that need to be fixed.

Otherwise, issue a command that takes a zone parameter.  There are a bunch of them.  If there's some specific one you need that isn't there, just let us know.

Well this “Play_Playlist” command is one of them & is something I need that’s not in the MCWS commands. As you wrote in the other thread here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98602.msg682646#msg682646 the current way of sending a MCWS command to set a playlist is not really for normal people to use.

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

MCC_PLAY_PLAYLIST just doesn't take a zone.  Sorry.

And I don't think it could be moved to the MCC_PLAYBACK_SECTION and take a zone because the zone would fight with the playlist ID.

We could make a function to play a particular playlist perhaps.  Would that solve the problem?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Coming in the first build of MC21:
NEW: Added the MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayPlaylist function to play a playlist in a specified zone.

mjcrhbsh01

• Recent member

Coming in the first build of MC21:
NEW: Added the MCWS/v1/Playback/PlayPlaylist function to play a playlist in a specified zone.

Yes this would solve the problem. Or you can add the option to the existing MCWS SetPlayList command to be able to use a playlist name or a playlist ID as the parameter, instead of the current more difficult serialized playlist.

Thank you very much.

Pages: [1]   Go Up