INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCWS SetPlaylist Command, What to Put for Playlist Parameter?  (Read 2368 times)

mjcrhbsh01

• Recent member

I am trying to use the MCWS “SetPlaylist” command to set the playlist on a specific zone. However I don’t know what to put for the Playlist parameter. I tried the playlist name as well as the playlist ID# but both didn’t work. I searched the forums on what a “serialized playlist” means but couldn’t figure it out. Can someone help me on what needs to be put there for the Playlist parameter?

Thanks in advance.

mjcrhbsh01

• Recent member
Re: MCWS SetPlaylist Command, What to Put for Playlist Parameter?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 05:49:59 am »

Bump.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 11:15:57 am »

It's a serialized set of files.  It's not really for normal people to use.

It's a list that's semi-colon delimited.

You start with a "2" to denote the version.

Then the number of elements.  Let's say "1".

The position in the set of files.  Let's say "0".

The key of each file.  Let's say "34331" for the one file.

All together that's "2;1;0;34331"

Like I said, it's pretty dense.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

twb1000

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 09:36:28 am »

How do I locate the Serial output number of a file?  Is there an excel report that can be generated?  I thought I say something about getting an XML file somewhere.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 10:01:54 am »

How do I locate the Serial output number of a file?

You're asking for the File Key.  It's available via the filekey() function.  You can easily display this in any view by adding an expression column.  Give it a title like "fkey".  Then the expression is simply:  filekey()

If you wanted that as an external file that you could use in Excel or something else, you can do Export Playlist.  Just set up a view like I described, showing the files you want.  This could be all of them, or just a few or whatever.  Highlight the files you want and choose Export Playlist.  Then tell it to export a CSV format list.  Finally, tell it to use "only visible fields".  That way it grabs the expression column you created to show the File Key.  Be sure configure the view to show any other columns you want to capture in the output.

The resulting CSV file can be imported into Excel and many other spreadsheets and databases.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up