INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image/Photo Gallery in Theatre view  (Read 5826 times)

eezetee

• World Citizen
Image/Photo Gallery in Theatre view
« on: July 12, 2015, 12:48:06 pm »

I've left the Images part of my JRiver build to last, as I thought it would the easiest however I've encountered a few issues that I seek help for.

1) It seems no matter which theature view "toggle style" I use,  none of the images are viewed full screen. I can't image trying to show pictures of "X Event" to a group of friends in any of the modes. I must be doing something wrong
2)  If I'm on the server, and I try to click show or slideshow, it brings up Microsoft Paint, which I guess is a file extension mapping.  But shouldn't JRiver open these files itself?
3) Even clicking "Slideshow" above opens MSpaint.

Is there a tutorial on seeing up JRiver for images?

Thanks all!

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Image/Photo Gallery in Theatre view
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 02:55:23 pm »

1) Yes, you only see the images in full screen when "playing" them as a slideshow.
2&3) You can try to change the file associations in "Tools|Options|File Types".
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 12:15:03 am »

1) Yes, you only see the images in full screen when "playing" them as a slideshow.
2&3) You can try to change the file associations in "Tools|Options|File Types".

Thank you cncb.

I've changed the Windows 8.1 file associate to JRiver.

Now when I click on Slideshow, I see a blue circle kinda of icon, but nothing happens at all.  If I exit Theatre View, I can see it's trying to "play" something over and over, now to the count of 450 in a few seconds.    There is only about 75 files in the folder so something is surely wrong.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 12:48:15 am »

Yes, definately, but I'm not sure what. I don't have any file types at all associated with MC, and that does not prevent it from displaying our photos. File associations mostly only kick in when you double click a file in Windows Explorer.

Check at "Tools > Options > File Types" for your image files (jpg?) What is showing under "Playback Method"? Automatic is best...

If you double click an image file in MC while in Standard view, does it display the image full screen?

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 02:31:02 am »

Thansk for the support guys.

When I doubleclick on a file in Windows 8.1  It brings a viewer type interface. I can hihglight multiple files in a folder, open them up and it'll display them perfectly (including the fade in/out when changing pics) -- Works fun although a full screen would be good.

But when I'm in theatre view, going to Images,  then click slideshow.  It basically does nothing except show this blue spinning bar thing.  If I try to view slideshow not in theatre view, I can see that it appears to "play" the picture hundreds of times. I've recorded a video. Should I upload it here to show?

The file association on or off does the same. I've test automatic, internal web viewer, all the same. 

Marko,  your question "If you double click an image file in MC while in Standard view, does it display the image full screen?"

--- No, it just goes into that looping play thing that I mentioned above. 

Version 20.0.124

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 07:21:04 am »

Running out of ideas fast here. All very strange.

Are these all jpg files?
Where are they stored, as in, what is a typical file path to one of these files? Local, Networked, NAS?
Can MC reach these files? If you right click on one, and choose "Locate > On disk (external)", does explorer open up the file directory?

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 09:23:18 am »

Running out of ideas fast here. All very strange.

Are these all jpg files?
Where are they stored, as in, what is a typical file path to one of these files? Local, Networked, NAS?
Can MC reach these files? If you right click on one, and choose "Locate > On disk (external)", does explorer open up the file directory?

Yes, all JPG files.
They are stored locally on the server.  L:\Media\Images\Family\Wedding\Pre-Wedding\filename.jpg
Yes, MC can reach them.  When I right click on the file and locate external, it brings up the browser.

I'll share the video so you can see what's going on.

Here is the theatre view - Hard to tell what's happening  --- http://youtu.be/Nk0MVuw-AQc

here is the video from the typical tree view - https://youtu.be/4KtevXY6eRI

I had figured this would be the easiest part of my jriver setup. Weird

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 09:28:34 am »

Maybe an antivirus problem.  There is no need to check every media file every time it's opened.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 09:52:31 am »

JimH,

Not sure what you meant to check it every time it's open.  If I click slideshow when a single image is displayed in their theatre view or display tree view, it does the same. Cycles and cycles into the hundreds.

I've enabled logging and attached it to this post.

Also, I don't have anti-virus but I did have the Sourcefire Malware protector on. I uninstalled it, rebooted and the problem is the same.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 09:56:21 am »

What else might be unusual about your setup?

If the files are on a NAS or USB drive, did you try playing local files?

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 10:07:25 am »

What else might be unusual about your setup?

If the files are on a NAS or USB drive, did you try playing local files?

The files are all local, the only thing that may be strange is the disks are part of a storage pool (flexraid)  but  I can open the file in Explorer, right click and choose "Open in Media Center" and it opens up.

It's only when I rght click a image INSIDE JRiver (forget slideshow for a moment) it can't even play that file.
It's as if it cannot seem to launch it's own viewer.

Were you able to look at the log file I attached to the previous message

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 10:17:26 am »

Images use 3D drawing.  Something isn't right on your machine.  It could be a video driver problem.  I don't think a log file would tell us anything.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 10:22:05 am »

It's not related to the raid pool, because that is where my movies and other files are.

As a test, I copy 5 of the images out of the folder and created a folder on the desktop, imported that, and the full screen slideshow worked (as did the cool zoom feature)

So it looks to be a permissions issue or something like that.

I created another folder in the same Media area as the first, and it also worked.

I deleted the folder, readded it after checked the permissions and the problem is gone.

No idea what was happening and I'd like to find out how to properly troubleshoot the looping type of video I shared earlier.  Is there a debug mode I could find this info?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2015, 10:29:01 am »

It's not related to the raid pool, because that is where my movies and other files are.
I don't think you can rule that out just because it works for some things.
As a test, I copy 5 of the images out of the folder and created a folder on the desktop, imported that, and the full screen slideshow worked (as did the cool zoom feature)

So it looks to be a permissions issue or something like that.

I created another folder in the same Media area as the first, and it also worked.
So it's working now.  Good.

eezetee

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2015, 10:34:18 am »

Yes. It is indeed working on the flexraid storage pool.

One thing that I noticed (or that I did differently) was that it said "image" instead of "jpeg/jpg" in the tree view.

I also added a tag the first time.

Now that it appears to be working, i'm going to try and find out what I did to break and if it's replicable. Will advise back
Pages: [1]   Go Up