INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: way to auto tag albums in library from web? Have not found it..  (Read 1896 times)

Jay Fora

• Recent member

Hi, am just setting up MC for the first time, and would like to correct my previous tagging errors so that I have a better experience in MC media library. MC makes it so easy to batch tag an album manually, but I have many, many, track titles missing. I am an album listener usually, but would like to enjoy some of the other options possible in MC, which means a tagging overhaul. I tied to add freedb to 'links' in options, but did something wrong, and it doesn't connect. Would like a way to auto tag tracks of a whole album. Does this exist in MC? If I have to add it myself, how do I do that? Thanks, Jay

Jay Fora

• Recent member
Re: way to auto tag albums in library from web? Have not found it..
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 05:06:50 am »

Have discovered that MC will try to bulk tag all tracks on an album if it is open in player window, go to 'edit' at top left of player, then 'select all, then right click on selected tracks. YADB doesn't recognise the album though. wish there was a way to search in FreeDB from within MC.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 06:52:32 am »

MC will use FreeDB if the album isn't found.

Double check the tags, including Album Artist.

arixey

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 07:35:00 am »

It's not integrated within Media Center itself, but I highly recommend using MusicBrainz to tag albums.  It's great at making sure things are consistent, especially when your music comes from multiple sources.  (i.e. -- whether an artist has an ampersand or the word "and" in their name)

Jay Fora

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 09:15:12 pm »

Thanks JimH I have a major tagging overhaul to do it seems. Somehow this seems less daunting in MC than in media Monkey.
Thanks, Arixey, I will try MusicBrainz too. Might work even better once I've followed Jim's advice. I have only just now taken the time to look up the difference between 'artist' and 'album artist' Thank you both, Jay
Pages: [1]   Go Up