INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Easy II -- The Request Window is Open, but you'd better read the first post  (Read 93881 times)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!

Would be nice if pressing the MCE remote's "Guide" button while watching TV took you to that channel in the Guide rather the first channel (same comment as Daveyravey). Also, would be nice while viewing live TV if the MCE remote's "Info" button displayed an on-screen overlay of TV program information.

The first item is on my list.  The second item is already there (first press show playback position, second press shows program title, third press shows program description, fourth press clears the screen).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

crisnee

• World Citizen
Re: Too Easy II -- The Request Window is Open, but you'd better read ...
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2015, 07:59:11 pm »

I don't know if this would be a simple thing to implement so...  A disappearing/appearing tree option. Tree would only be visible when the pointer is in the tree area. Would be a way to make more space for the data fields.

Chris

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You can click on the little diamond in the center of the divider bar to make the tree go away.

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
Re: Too Easy II -- The Request Window is Open, but you'd better read ...
« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2015, 08:07:11 pm »

A disappearing/appearing tree option.

As Jim says. See image.

Automatic might be nice though. Sort of like the scroll bar expansion on mouse over feature.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

crisnee

• World Citizen
crisnee
« Reply #204 on: September 28, 2015, 08:30:01 pm »

Thanks for the info guys. I didn't know that.

I'd still like the automatic option better though; like the option for the Windows 7 task bar. It conveniently isn't there obscuring MC, for instance, unless I mouse over its area.

JimH

• Administrator

crisnee,
Did you intend to change the subject to your user name?

crisnee

• World Citizen
( Re: Too Easy II -- The Request Window is Open, but you'd better read the first
« Reply #206 on: September 28, 2015, 09:39:43 pm »

crisnee,

No, something is going on whenever I try to reply here. Often I get a message that I've tried to send an empty message before I do anything and the window closes, and the subject comes up as my user name no matter what I do. For instance I chose quote from your post to respond in this case and crisnee came up as the subject. I'm going to try to change it now.

I always copy the message after I write it in case some other problem happens.

Chris

crisnee

• World Citizen
crisnee
« Reply #207 on: September 28, 2015, 09:39:53 pm »

crisnee,

No, something is going on whenever I try to reply here. Often I get a message that I've tried to send an empty message before I do anything and the window closes, and the subject comes up as my user name no matter what I do. For instance I chose quote from your post to respond in this case and crisnee came up as the subject. I'm going to try to change it now.

I always copy the message after I write it in case some other problem happens.

Chris

crisnee

• World Citizen
crisnee
« Reply #208 on: September 28, 2015, 09:41:19 pm »

I didn't send the message twice. Please feel free to delete all the garbage. (Once again crisnee is the subject)

crisnee

• World Citizen
crisnee
« Reply #209 on: September 28, 2015, 09:43:00 pm »

JimH

• Administrator

Please try a different browser.

crisnee

• World Citizen

Yup, the browser is the problem, although it hasn't been until very recently, as I've been using it for years (Chrome).

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

ok... dont know if it is easy, ofcourse, but i give it a shot. it is about car radio. i use a split screen with at one side playing now.. i only use a few carradio buttons. because there are 12 of those buttons i cant give the buttons a name longer then 3 characters. could there not be an option with how much carradio buttons somebody wants to use, or even better, something that works the same as the tabs. so a small emty tab fro when someone wants to add a radio station..

:)
gab

Next build:
NEW: Added a right-click menu to the Car Radio buttons that offers a choice of how many buttons to show.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JonnyRedHed

• World Citizen

An option to turn off play first track when clicking car radio playlist buttons in standard view.  I think this might be a quick thing to implement, and would make a small but certainly useful update for some of us.

And when clicking a car radio playlist button, having it scroll down to the last track played would be good.  It sort of does this now ( I think) but does get a little confused.

I hope this would be a quick thing to improve.  And it would give a nicer experience.

In-built options to highlight with colour the place in audio book files.  One colour to show the file is near the beginning, and another to indicate the file is near the end of play.    It would help when viewing a long list of audio books added to car radio playlist/playing now,  showing red for just started, maybe orange for in the middle of the file and green for near the end of the file.  
Not only remember the place in the audio book and to give options to set custom colours and percentages of when to make the files. But to also make sure its robust enough not to break after a while.

For example I was given some code which does work well, but I found after a while and after adding other books to the car radio (audio book ) playlist, that the places in files were lost and sometimes give the wrong place and not go to the correct last played point in the files time line.

Adding in a spacer line into the car radio/playing now playlist.  In that space which could be 1-3 lines in height, one might then be able to add a small cover art image of said audio book.  Which would visually break up the playing now/car radio playlists of files so one could easily see the end and start of audio books.

i.e.  Makes the playlist look prettier, or at its bare minimum gives a one line space between audio books in a long list of audio book files in the car radio / playing now playlist display in standard view.

For example I have about 30 audio books in my 'Audio Book' car radio playlist.   Scrolling down the long list of files it would be more visually pleasing to see a spacer between audio books.  And maybe some way to crop the cover art of the audio book to fit in that space.  Although this cover art idea might be too impractical.  I thought I'd just mention the idea in case it sparks other ideas.

I'm not very good at knowing feature request or too easy.  I've no idea how easy or hard doing any of my suggestions would be.  I know that having inbuilt options for remembering the place in audio book files and marking with custom colours would for me at least help make things more silky smooth to use.  And with a quick visual colour to tell me where in that file my place is.  With an option to add on a spacer line in between long lists of audio books to break each book up visually when looking at the playlist.

Namaste - 'bows slightly with hands pressed together, palms touching'

crisnee

• World Citizen

Option to keep DSP window on top when opened. It disappears for unknown reasons at times and of course always when you click something in the main program.

Done.

masterjoe

• World Citizen
Stereoscopic "downscaling" of 3D content on non-3D devices
« Reply #215 on: October 03, 2015, 03:14:54 pm »

Currently there is a problem when a SBS movie (also other stereoscopic / 3D formats) is played on a non-3D device (zone). This is obviously ugly and unwanted.

To solve this situation I would like to see the following additional behaviour:

- The playback engine shall be aware whether a specific zone supports 3D playback or not. So we need an adjustable option per zone to tell the player whether the zone supports 3D playback or not.

- When playing 3D content on a non-3D device / zone the playback engine shall automagically scale / process the video so that the video is displayed as non-3D content; i.e. when you play a SBS on a non-3D TV the video gets automatically scaled so that you only see the left 50% of the full image scaled across the screen. That way the video is no longer ugly and can be played back on the non-3D device as the second stereo image is discarded properly.

- In order to know whether a video is 3D or not we need another special database tag that tells the renderer / player that the video is actually 3D. This flag must also inform the player about which specific 3D format that video has (if any). So values of this tag could be: "2D", "SBS", "TB" and so on.

- When transcoding is activated the processing (scaling etc) of 3D content to be played on a non-3D device must take place before the actual transcoding so that the stream is prepared correctly for the device which receives the stream.

With these little additions in place it is no longer a problem to view 3D encoded content on a non-3D device :)

Thanks.

(As I am unsure whether you reagard this as an "too easy" feature I will post a separate thread for this idea also.)

DarkSpace

• Junior Woodchuck

The option in Options -> Audio -> Advanced -> Dither Mode is global, not zone specific. I'd like to see a note that mentions this, similar to the one about playing files from memory instead of from disk.

It could even look like 'Dither Mode (not zone-specific): [selected mode]', but at least one person other than me tripped over this recently, so I think this note will be useful.

Done.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Make imported HTM / HTML files open in a new internal browser tab when double-clicked in the library. (Same tab would be OK-ish, but I think confusing)

You've already got the browser there internally, and it's very irritating for another app to pop up :)

Next build we'll try it:
Changed: Webpage files (htm and html) play inside the player in the internal browser instead of launching a web browser application.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

The option in Options -> Audio -> Advanced -> Dither Mode is global, not zone specific. I'd like to see a note that mentions this, similar to the one about playing files from memory instead of from disk.

It could even look like 'Dither Mode (not zone-specific): [selected mode]', but at least one person other than me tripped over this recently, so I think this note will be useful.

Next build will try this:
Changed: Switched the naming of the dither mode option to 'Dither Mode (not zone-specific)' so that it's clearly labeled as not zone specific.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Option to keep DSP window on top when opened. It disappears for unknown reasons at times and of course always when you click something in the main program.

Next build:
NEW: The 'Manage Plug-ins' button in DSP Studio has an option 'Show Always On Top' to make DSP Studio a top-most window.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Make the default artwork truly customizable.
For example:  Every time that I update JRiver, I lose my personalized logo.png picture  :'(

If you put the artwork in 'Custom Art' instead of 'Default Art', it'll be preserved.

Just make that folder and go to town.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Add:
&datatype=[date]
&datatype=[day]

To the expression data types so that we can sort expression based date fields correctly, and if day, Monday to Sunday sort correctly too.

3. Can we get a datatype that works with date queries?
I have a bunch of user created fields that contain date data, but the smartlist engine doesn't recognise them as date fields, even with &datatype=[date] or as a result of convertdate/formatdate and so I cannot use them with "is in the last", "is not in the last", etc date logic in smartlists.

I'm not sure this is exactly what you're asking for, but it seemed like a good change.

So next build:
NEW: Expressions can take the data type &DataType=[Day] to be the day of a week name and then the sorting will be correct.

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount

Next build:
NEW: The 'Manage Plug-ins' button in DSP Studio has an option 'Show Always On Top' to make DSP Studio a top-most window.

We need an applauding smiley.

DarkSpace

• Junior Woodchuck

Next build will try this:
Changed: Switched the naming of the dither mode option to 'Dither Mode (not zone-specific)' so that it's clearly labeled as not zone specific.
Thank you.

We need an applauding smiley.
Now that I think about it, that would come in handy, indeed.

crisnee

• World Citizen

Next build:

Thanks a lot. This will make MC much more convenient for me as I use the DSP window regularly.

Chris

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team

Can you remove the validation that prevents a low/high shelf with a Q (slope) of >1 being applied?

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient

Can you remove the validation that prevents a low/high shelf with a Q (slope) of >1 being applied?

That was added at my request because the previous behavior was to let you enter a higher Q, but it would have no effect.  So you'd enter 6, and you'd only get a 1 Q shelf and there was no notice.  Matt's reply at the time was that shelves with a Q higher than 1 weren't "stable" (I think that was the word).

So I asked for the validation to provide notice.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team

That was added at my request because the previous behavior was to let you enter a higher Q, but it would have no effect.  So you'd enter 6, and you'd only get a 1 Q shelf and there was no notice.  Matt's reply at the time was that shelves with a Q higher than 1 weren't "stable" (I think that was the word).

So I asked for the validation to provide notice.
such shelves do overshoot at either end of the shelf but they are still stable filters. specifically S=1 (and the jriver LS/HS seems to use Q in place of S) is described as

When S = 1, the shelf slope is as steep as it can be and remain monotonically increasing or decreasing gain with frequency.  The shelf slope, in dB/octave, remains proportional to S for all other values for a fixed f0/Fs and dBgain.

other tools let you generate filters with S>1 with no problem so while I agree a warning is better than silently ignoring, even better would be to allow the shelf to be created :)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team

Move/Rename/Copy Tool

Stop it from copying all the other desktop files if the file being moved is on the desktop.  I've lost track of the number of times I've forgotten that MC will do this if I import from the desktop and end up removing my entire desktop along with the imported file...

Hendrik

• Administrator

Move/Rename/Copy Tool

Stop it from copying all the other desktop files if the file being moved is on the desktop.  I've lost track of the number of times I've forgotten that MC will do this if I import from the desktop and end up removing my entire desktop along with the imported file...

It should only do that if you have the appropriate option ticked to do that.
There are plenty folders where it would be unwise to move all the files with it, can't really protect every one of them.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mark_h

• MC Beta Team

Yeah, I know...  it's just something that keeps catching me out, so thought I'd mention it.  A desktop restriction is a kind of obvious one for a special case though, as it's the place we all kind of do scratch work without wanting to suck everything in as well during a move.  Maybe I just need to be more careful :)

Maxpower

Quick comment first: iPod syncing is a godsend . . . you guys need to promote this feature of MC.  :)

Two part request - both related to iPod sync (send to):
1. In the convert options; can you add "no encoding"? eg: do not transcode. The existing option "original format" (I think) either doesn't work or has an ambiguous or conditional meaning
    (think "arrange audio" function of dbpoweramp)
2. Add a simple customisable bit rate for mp3 encoding . . . current list-of-values doesn't always work well. eg: podcasts are commonly 56kbs, this is not in the lov.

Great user community initiative!

wer

Reduce the size of the stepping values that the OSD in theater view uses when you make changes to brightness/hue/etc using the remote.

Current it steps at +/-14... Change it to 1 or 3.

This would give much finer control when using the remote.  Since people can just hold down their buttons anyway to go fast, it will not cause a lot of extra button pushing.  Currently fine control is only available with the color dialog and the mouse, not to users of remotes.

This is a super-small change, with no downside.  It's just better.

Done.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

A small window then slips into the lower-left corner of the UI ("Action Window"), which I'd respectfully suggest is a motion unnoticeable on a large monitor. It took me about 10 minutes to figure out why, after selecting a menu item, nothing obvious would happen as a result.

Next build:
Changed: When picking 'Convert Format' the Action Window page will blink to make it more obvious where the focus should be.

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver

Done: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=98734.msg699853#msg699853

"Get Movie & TV Info" currently only works for Media Sub Types of Movie or TV. Can Concert be included?

Reason:  I tag all concert Blu-rays with a Media Sub Type of Concert and then can no longer use "Get Movie & TV Info". The info for a lot of concerts is on themoviedb.com so it seems like a valid Media Sub Type to include.

Here is one example:  Joe Bonamassa: An Acoustic Evening at the Vienna Opera House

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

"Get Movie & TV Info" currently only works for Media Sub Types of Movie or TV. Can Concert be included?

Reason:  I tag all concert Blu-rays with a Media Sub Type of Concert and then can no longer use "Get Movie & TV Info". The info for a lot of concerts is on themoviedb.com so it seems like a valid Media Sub Type to include.

Here is one example:  Joe Bonamassa: An Acoustic Evening at the Vienna Opera House

We'll give it a shot next build:
Changed: Allowing 'Concert' media sub types in the Get Movie & TV Info... tool.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

Reduce the size of the stepping values that the OSD in theater view uses when you make changes to brightness/hue/etc using the remote.

Current it steps at +/-14... Change it to 1 or 3.

This would give much finer control when using the remote.  Since people can just hold down their buttons anyway to go fast, it will not cause a lot of extra button pushing.  Currently fine control is only available with the color dialog and the mouse, not to users of remotes.

This is a super-small change, with no downside.  It's just better.

Coming next build:
Changed: Made the step size of the OSD when controlling color controls smaller.

CountryBumkin

We'll give it a shot next build:
Changed: Allowing 'Concert' media sub types in the Get Movie & TV Info... tool.

Same request for media subtype "Educational".
I like to record the TV series "NOVA" and save it (and other similar Series) as Educational for better grouping/displaying.

Hendrik

• Administrator

Same request for media subtype "Educational".
I like to record the TV series "NOVA" and save it (and other similar Series) as Educational for better grouping/displaying.

Educational could be both movies or tv shows, its not really clear which of the two it should use for lookup.
I recommend using "Genre" instead, as thats really what it is.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

IAM4UK

• World Citizen

Proposed change in Television viewing implementation within MC:
Allow calling up the Guide as an overlay on the currently-playing program, then the user can scroll through the guide and select a new program, or not. Currently, the user must stop playback to get back to seeing the guide.

(Having read the first post before offering this:  I don't know if this proposed improvement is a "feature request," and I doubt it is "easy." But it's the improvement I propose.)

CountryBumkin

Educational could be both movies or tv shows, its not really clear which of the two it should use for lookup.
I recommend using "Genre" instead, as thats really what it is.

Okay - that makes sense. Thanks

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

Currently, the user must stop playback to get back to seeing the guide.

You don't have to stop playback to see the Guide. Just press the Guide button on your remote. The currently playing program will continue to play in a small window in the bottom right corner.

Or you could press the Media Center button on your remote, which on a standard MCE remote is the big green button, and navigate to the Guide through the menus. (On my Harmony remote I had to map Media Center to one of my user buttons.)

If you wish to go back to the program that is playing after looking in the Guide, you can just press the Media Center button.

Or of course you could use keyboard shortcuts to navigate, such as Ctrl-4 to jump to Theatre View, then navigate to the Guide, then Ctrl-3 (Display View) to jump back to the program.

If you would rather the program paused while you looked up the Guide, set the "Options/Theatre View/Behaviour/Pause video playback when entering Theatre View" setting.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

wer

How about an option to change the color of text-based subtitles?

White can be hard to see on some movies.  Many DVDs use Yellow for this reason.  The black outline is good.

High-End

• World Citizen

configurabel " playing now" screen for the remote:

40% of my library is classcal music.
I found no way to show different tags for different genre at my remote APP ( EOS, Gizmo)
Today, when I start playing (any genre) a song EOS/ Gizmo is showing
1st row: song name
2nd row: interpred and album name

what I would like to see in genre classical
1st row: song name
2nd row: composer
3rd. row: orchestra / soloists / conduktor / Chorus
the Tag and there order should be configurable.

beside the standard tags:
%genre%
%album%
%title%

I use specific classic genre tags:
%Chorus%
%conductor%
%composer%
%orchestra%
%soloists%

I am looking for a way to show within my EOS App at genre " Classic" different tags as in genre "pop".

regards
H-E

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

How about an option to change the color of text-based subtitles?

That would be cool. There is already a dialogue for subtitle fonts, so there is an easy place to put it.

MC seems to honour italics html tags in subtitle.srt files, but doesn't honour html colour tags. Just honouring the tags would be okay, but a global default colour setting would be very nice.

wer

Honoring the html tags would be excellent too, I didn't think of that.  That would also give us per-movie color, effectively.

It would help people with separate subtitle files.  However, it would not be as useful for people who have the subtitles embedded in MKV files, as it might be difficult for them to edit the html tags.  For that reason I would still ask for the color option first.

cncb

• MC Beta Team

1) Always show total number of files in status bar even when a file is selected (maybe in one of the corners).  When the view is full of thumbnails it is difficult to deselect the current selection to see the number.
2) Option for double-click of image thumbnail to open Preview Mode instead of Display View/playing.
3) Have count text in status bar in image Preview Mode (e.g. "2 of 35").
4) Don't automatically close image Preview Mode when you go past the last image in list (option to wrap around or do nothing).
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

IAM4UK

• World Citizen

You don't have to stop playback to see the Guide. Just press the Guide button on your remote. The currently playing program will continue to play in a small window in the bottom right corner.
That does not happen.

robydago

Some new options for Right Click > Send To > Send To (External) > Add / Edit Programs > Add or Edit:

In order of priority:
  • "Pin to top of Send To menu"  -  Now there's only the last used one, it would be nice to be able to pin specific programs for ever
  • "Show for Files that match this critera" - Exactly the same as available now in "Manage Links", to avoid overcrowding the above "Pin to top" options with programs that don't make sense for the currently selected file(s)
  • "Send multiple selected files to the same external program" - i.e. "program filename1 filename2 filename3..."
  • "Customize copy suffix" - The current "use a copy" option is hardcoded to "[orginal]_EDIT.[ext]"; it would be useful to be able to enter whatever is needed instead of "_EDIT".

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team

That does not happen.

Yes, it does.

Hint: If you want help to make it work the way you want, start a new thread, preferably in the Television forum, ask questions, and provide more information than four word ambiguous responses.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up