INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleted Channels - Program Info still in EPG  (Read 1308 times)

rammingspeed

• Junior Woodchuck
Deleted Channels - Program Info still in EPG
« on: July 16, 2015, 07:07:30 am »

I recently converted back to the standard program guide because of issues with Zap2It.  I have cable so there are a lot of channels in the guide.  There are also a lot of them that I will not watch, so I deleted them from the lineup.  The problem is that the program information for these channels is still in the EPG database and I have so far found a few negative impacts

1 - When reviewing upcoming movies by name, movies for channels I have deleted are displayed.  A bit of a mess, especially when the channels are another language. The Theater View will allow me to select the movie to record even though there is no channel mapping.  This is a 2-fold problem.  The doubt the movie would be recorded without a channel and since my Spanish is limited, if it did record, I wouldn't be able to understand much of it.

2 - Every now and then, especially when I first load up the Standard View, the programming information for deleted channels will be displayed in Television - All Programs.  Doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen. 

3 - Jumping to the Guide in Theater or Standard view is relatively slow on all my clients.  I'm guessing this is because there is so much data being transferred that will not be displayed.  I compare the speed to the EPG I used from Zap2It.  I'm now seeing a 2 to 5 second delay when selecting the Guide where there was no discernible delay with Zap2It.  The Zap2It EPG was based on my selected "favorites" on the Zap2It site, so there were no channels in the EPG that I didn't want.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Deleted Channels - Program Info still in EPG
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 02:50:46 pm »

You can try clearing existing EPG data.  TV Options > General > Load program guide > check "Clear program guide".  

The behavior you saw was not intended.  I will take a look.  Are they all seen on a client or server?

Would it make a difference if, instead of deleting a channel just hide it?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

rammingspeed

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Deleted Channels - Program Info still in EPG
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 04:43:06 pm »

Thanks Yaobing.  I tried clearing the EPG and reloading it this morning, but didn't have time to check it over.  It seems to have resolved the problem.  Not sure where the extra channels crept in as I know I cleared the EPG before I switched from Zap2It, but I'll go out on a limb and say this was most likely my error...

EPG display speed is back to normal as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up