INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What can we do for the Greeks?  (Read 9003 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
What can we do for the Greeks?
« on: July 21, 2015, 06:43:47 pm »

I've had some emails and private messages from our customers in Greece.  They would like to upgrade, but their ability to use credit cards has been frozen.  They have asked for an extension of the special price.

I've said that, somehow we will do something for them.  But I'd like to do more, just to support them and show them we care.

So what should we do? 

JimH

• Administrator
Re: What can we do for the Greeks?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 06:49:33 pm »

Here's one I received today.

Dear JimH

I am living in Greece and I am considering to preorder the Master License for the MC21 (I already have ML MC20).
The problem is that untill now and I don't know for how long I can't use my CC for payments abroad because of the economical crisis we are experiensing here in Greece!
Is it possible to give me some more weeks so that I can buy the new license in the preorder price?

Thnx in advance
Michael

~OHM~

• "I Don't Play The Music The Music Plays Me"
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 07:29:51 pm »

My vote would be to give them the time they need, JR can certainly verify they own a license. My hat is off to you JimH
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 09:37:01 pm »

I would certainly vote to give them an extension - it's a circumstance beyond the individual's control.

packux

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 12:52:53 am »

It may go a long way, but I think it would be a nice gesture to give MC21 upgrade for free in GR based customers...

DomieMic65

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 07:45:55 am »

I want to thank you all...!!!!
A Greek...

audioriver

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 06:53:17 am »

Thanks for the initiative. Capital controls and credit card blocking outside of Greece looks like will stay for weeks (possibly months), no positive news yet to report.
Windows 10 Pro x64

Llannis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 10:19:36 am »

Whatever you decide, thank you all for the support!

jdizzy623

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 04:04:09 pm »

It may go a long way, but I think it would be a nice gesture to give MC21 upgrade for free in GR based customers...

Don't know how many customers this involves but would definitely be a nice gesture.
I can't imagine being in such a situation but as they say, music is the universal language.

~OHM~

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 04:30:33 pm »

I think this is       as the problem was not created by JRiver....sure it is a nice gesture but......
“I've Reached A Turning Point In My Life. I Now Realize I Have More Yesterdays Then Tomorrows”

DomieMic65

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Re: What can we do for the Greeks?
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 04:46:05 pm »

I think this is illogical as the problem was not created by JRiver....sure it is a nice gesture but......
With all due respect... It wasn't created by GR customers though!
We just asked for some time!
The free upgrade suggestion was made by some (non Greek) people in this thread,  which we thank for their sensitivity and understanding!
Just to make things clear...

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 05:11:01 pm »

I think TAO1857 was only referring to the suggestion to give free licenses, as that was what he (or she, dunno) quoted.

For the record, if it is possible, I'd recommend giving GR customers extra time. Probably not forever (who knows how long this will drag out), but a couple months doesn't seem unreasonable, considering the special circumstances.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

~OHM~

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 05:24:37 pm »

With all due respect... It wasn't created by GR customers though!
The free upgrade suggestion was made by some (non Greek) people in this thread,  which we thank for their sensitivity and understanding!
Just to make things clear...

Sorry for the confusion I was referring to the Free upgrades....
just to make things clear I was the first responder to this thread and voted to give more time to the GR customers

Patrick

DomieMic65

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Re: Re: What can we do for the Greeks?
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 05:54:30 pm »

Sorry for the confusion I was referring to the Free upgrades....
just to make things clear I was the first responder to this thread and voted to give more time to the GR customers

Patrick
Yes Patrick I know... May be my comment was not clear too!

For sure it would be "illogical" for us Greeks to ask for free update and we would NEVER have done so, but from the other hand, if someone else had the problem and there were people encouraging the company to do so I would never say that they are "illogical"... I would see it as an act of support to some people having hard time!!!
Am I illogical??? :):):):)

Michael

craigmcg

• World Citizen
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 06:31:18 pm »

I'm a pre-Harper Canadian and I'm in favour of giving the Greeks more time!

~OHM~

Re: Re: Re: What can we do for the Greeks?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2015, 06:35:09 pm »

Yes Patrick I know... May be my comment was not clear too!

For sure it would be "illogical" for us Greeks to ask for free update and we would NEVER have done so, but from the other hand, if someone else had the problem and there were people encouraging the company to do so I would never say that they are "illogical"... I would see it as an act of support to some people having hard time!!!
Am I illogical??? :):):):)

Michael

Maybe I used the wrong word. I never meant any disrespect. Lets put this part of the thread to bed!

DomieMic65

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Re: Re: Re: What can we do for the Greeks?
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 12:41:20 am »

Maybe I used the wrong word. I never meant any disrespect. Lets put this part of the thread to bed!
I never took it that way... Just stated another point of view!

I wish the best to you all!!

Thnx again!!!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 06:59:58 am »

We will certainly do something to make things work for the MC21 offer.  We may mail you a coupon after things quiet down a little.  It's been very busy.

How are things for people there?  Having little access to the banking system must be painful.  How do you manage?

DomieMic65

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2015, 01:53:45 am »

We will certainly do something to make things work for the MC21 offer.  We may mail you a coupon after things quiet down a little.  It's been very busy.

How are things for people there?  Having little access to the banking system must be painful.  How do you manage?
Thank you very much again Jim!!!!
Things here are not easy for sure. We have surtain amount of money we can take from ATMs each day and this is a problem for some people or busineses! I think that gradually the situation will improove as the agreement with the EU is going on. We have some more options trough e-banking but as you know only for exchanges in the country! There are some people (or may be more than some) complaining about all these but I think the most of us are holding back and keep calm! For sure the hard times won't pass soon because even when the capital controls finish we will have to endure the very hard new mesures that the new program demands!!

I wish the best for all!!!!

georgethesixth

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 01:52:41 am »

Adopt a Greek...  I want to adopt one Greek customer and pay his license for now.  Once payment rules are relaxed again, they can pay me back.   If 'my' Greek friend doesn't pay me back, I would be very disappointed but that's it.

The only thing I don't know is how I can pay for a license without acquiring an access to the key.   That is  something JRiver involvement would be needed I think.

I've already proposed this to a customer in trouble but received no reaction.  If my neighbours house is on fire, I help putting the fire out...

georgethesixth

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2015, 11:12:36 am »

Thank you very much again Jim!!!!
Things here are not easy for sure. We have surtain amount of money we can take from ATMs each day and this is a problem for some people or busineses! I think that gradually the situation will improove as the agreement with the EU is going on. We have some more options trough e-banking but as you know only for exchanges in the country! There are some people (or may be more than some) complaining about all these but I think the most of us are holding back and keep calm! For sure the hard times won't pass soon because even when the capital controls finish we will have to endure the very hard new mesures that the new program demands!!

I wish the best for all!!!!

I hope you realise that a lot of ordinary Europeans look at what's happening to the cradle of Western civilization with the deepest sympathy. Past weekend, my daily (right of the middle) newspaper ran two articles side by side : the worsening conditions in houses for the elderly and orphanages in Greece and the RFP from the European Union for a new set of tableware for approx. 3.500.000 euros. Enough said.  I'm going to drink an ouzo.

DomieMic65

• Junior Woodchuck
Re:
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2015, 01:22:45 pm »

The best wishes from the finest ouzo makers island of Greece Mytilene (Lesvos)..

georgethesixth

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2015, 01:41:00 pm »

It an Ouzo Giannatsi, Plomari.  Any good ?

DomieMic65

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2015, 12:17:08 am »

It an Ouzo Giannatsi, Plomari.  Any good ?
Ha ha...  Yes it is very good!
Also try "Pitsiladi" from Plomari too, if you can find!!

psam

• World Citizen
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2015, 02:32:20 pm »

Word was that, starting today, holders of credit cards issued by Greek Banks could purchase services from outside the country.

I have just tried to purchase the upgrade to MC21 using my VISA card,  but even though I am not even close to my credit card limit, the transaction did not get through after all...
I guess we have to wait some more.

I have been using MC since version 14 if I am not mistaken. Even if we Greeks don't get MC21 together with all others, I suppose we can watch as the first glitches get ironed out by others for a change!  ;D ;D ;D

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2015, 06:26:30 am »

Word was that, starting today, holders of credit cards issued by Greek Banks could purchase services from outside the country.

I have just tried to purchase the upgrade to MC21 using my VISA card,  but even though I am not even close to my credit card limit, the transaction did not get through after all...
I guess we have to wait some more.

I have been using MC since version 14 if I am not mistaken. Even if we Greeks don't get MC21 together with all others, I suppose we can watch as the first glitches get ironed out by others for a change!  ;D ;D ;D

Only if the company you're trying to purchase from has a bank account in a Greek bank, are you allowed to complete your purchase. Bad luck...
geoptin

Llannis

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2015, 05:19:24 am »

The new version is out!

Did we find any solution for the online payments outside Greece?

audioriver

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2015, 08:56:20 am »

Any update on those upgrade codes?
Windows 10 Pro x64

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2015, 01:27:22 pm »

Are credit cards working again?

audioriver

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2015, 04:43:25 pm »

They usually do, especially for smaller amounts. There are still some limits imposed on the banks, but I had no issues in most cases.
Windows 10 Pro x64
Pages: [1]   Go Up